PICTURE

JAMES

'I am such an idiot!!' He thought as he carried Zareena's limp body to the car.

After he got out of the forest, he went to the party again. He didn't know why though. He couldn't think straight. His head was a mess. Thoughts that he couldn't think stormed his mind.

'What if she really killed Arden?' He thought. 'The courts don't just jump into conclusions right? And to think she really liked me.'

He went inside Amy's house. The party was over and everyone was gone. Dylan, Amy and Steph was cleaning the red plastic cups that brightly littered the floor. The three of them ran his way with startled expressions when they saw him enter. Dylan held his shoulders like he was moments away from kissing the floor with his forehead. Maybe he was. He didn't know. He felt like he drank straight vodka on an empty stomach. That was exactly how he felt.

'What's wrong?' Steph asked as Amy looked behind him as if she was expecting someone to come through the door. 'James tell me what's wrong!'

'Zareena!' Dylan said only realizing now that Zareena wasn't with him. His voice suddenly took a hard edge. 'What happened? What did you do to her?'

He shook his shoulders as if he could shake the answers out of him.

'Hey' James said. It was his time to raise his voice. 'I did nothing to her. And she might not be as innocent as she looks. She__' He couldn't continue because Amy slapped his across the face.

Everyone stared at her with wide eyes as she breathed deeply to control her anger.

'How could you!' She fumed. 'I thought you understood her! out of all the people. I thought that you would be there for her!! Do you even know what you have done??!!'

She wasn't making any sense. Or his brain wasn't having it and refused to understand what Amy was saying.

'Wha.'

'You know very well what I am saying' She said. 'If you're thinking that she killed Arden, you are dead wrong! Oh.... how I thought you would understand!!'

'How....' He asked. Poor Dylan and Steph looked back and forth between them in confusion.

'She told Idiot!' She spat. 'You think that she likes you because you look like him? News flash! She liked Arden but she is in LOVE with you! How much she was counting on you! She said that you was her last hope!! She said that you would accept her! And you just.... you just....'

Amy couldn't continue as she chocked on her cry.

'What have I done?' He thought.

'Where is she now James?' Dylan asked looking at him straight in the eye. 'Is she safe?'

'I-I-I guess....she....' And then it dawned to him. There was a lake. 'NO!! we have to go NOW!!'

'Back!!' Dylan yelled as James went to the front seat of his car.

He did as he was told. He climbed to the passenger seat while Amy and Steph occupied the back seat as Dylan drove.

'Where?' He asked.

James thought that he was referring to where Zareena was because he said that he left her in the middle of the forest everyone stared at him as he just told that Zareena was in Mars.

'You what!!!'

'I'm sorry' he apologized though he didn't know what he apologized for. 'It's a place I know.'

Dylan groaned a few inappropriate words as his grip on the steering wheel tightened.

'Where you drunk or something?' Steph asked. 'What you did wasn't anything like you'