MY HEART BEATS IN YOURS

ZAREENA

She rang the doorbell of the familiar baby blue house once.

'Where are these people?'

She rang the doorbell in a feverish pace.

Then the door creaked open.

She lunged herself into his arm, expecting hugs, gasps, kisses and tears.

'Oh I've missed you'

But James didn't hug her back.

That wasn't the reaction she was planning for.

She backed away and looked at his confusedly, fear written all-over her face.

Being the ADHD kid she was, she let her thoughts rule over.

'Did I say something wrong?'

'Did I do something wrong?'

'Had he lost interest in me?' It had been more than six months from the last time they met and she hadn't talked to him for a month. She had been planning a way to come back and she thought that she would surprise him. And it seems the plan had back fired. He had given up on her. She tried her best to not to jump into possibly-wrong-conclusions and roll into a ball and cry into non-existence.

'Is something wrong?' she asked. It was only then she really saw him. He was thinner, and his tan had become an ugly pale. His eyes where sunken and he had dark-circles in his eyes. The life and joy in his eyes had dimmed and made his light, beautiful hazel eyes darker, hostile. To put things short, he looked just like her, and that wasn't a good sign.

'Conner?' She asked hesitantly. Taking his hand into hers. 'Are you okay?'

'Are you real?'

She pinched his arm.

'Ow....What was that for?!'

'To show you that I'm real.'

'Why are you here?'

Okay that wasn't good. Zareena's heart broke into pieces. He didn't wasn't her? Was the connection they had that weak? To vanish in just six months? But she couldn't do that.... she couldn't just forget him.

James must have seen the broken look in her eyes because he hugged her the next moment. He hugged her so tight that she thought that her ribs might break.

'Don't ever leave me again.' He said squeezing the life out of her. 'Do you hear me? Don't ever do that again!'

'I came to stay.'

They stayed like that for....Zareena didn't know for how long. In his arms, those big and warm arms, she felt like she was protected. The world could end but she didn't care because she was finally safe. she had everything she wanted. She was complete.

'Conner?' She said breaking the hug. 'There's someone here to see you.'

'Who....' Before James could finish, Arden's mom got out from the car with Julie.

'Is that....'

'Yes' Zareena said, knowing what was in his mind. 'That's her.'

'Oh my God!' Arden's mom running towards James but to stop a few feet away from him.

She stood there, not knowing what to do. It was James who moved first. He closed the remaining distance between them and hugged his mother.

'Hello Mumma' He said creasing his crying mothers hair.

Zareena was having a hard time controlling the tears that was blurring her vision, but Lucy, who had came out sometime ago was crying her eyes out at the touching moment. She saw how much Lucy loved James. She couldn't even imagine the love a mother has for their child.

'I am sorry James.' Arden's mother said still crying and clinging into her son. Zareena knew how she must have felt at the moment. She had her gone trough the exact same scenario, with the only difference of not knowing the relationship between them. To see someone exactly like a person that had past away, in this case, their long lost twin, was heart wrenching in a whole new level. 'I don't deserve either one of you. I am a terrible, terrible mother. I wasn't there for you. I am so sorry.... how can I even make up the years that I didn't even know if you were alive.' She controlled her tears and cupped James face in her hands to get a better look at him.

'You don't have to do anything for me Mumma' James said tightening his grip on his new found mother's shoulders. 'You are here and that's what matters the most'

'You are both so alike.' She smiled. A smile only a mother who loves her children more than her own life could where. A smile Zareena never experienced from her mother. That made the tears she held at bay, break the dam.

'They are loved.' She thought. And it made her so happy.

'I should have tried harder to search for you, but in a way I am glad that I didn't found you. You have a beautiful mother who gave you the love I couldn't give you.' She looked at Lucy and extended her hands, gesturing her to come and join the hug. And Lucy didn't have to be told twice. 'And I see that Zareena had once again fallen in love.'

Zareena was shocked at first.

'How did she know?' But then she knew that this was Arden's mother. She knew about her love life better than anyone.

After the family reunion, Lucy and Arden's mom went inside. Zareena was also going to follow them but James caught her by her waist and turned her so she was facing him.

'James what are you....' something soft and warm stopped her mid-sentence.

It was James. He was kissing her. And it felt Amazing!

She didn't believe it when they said that when the love of their life kisses them it felt like they where made for each other, that when their lips connect it was all fireworks and symphony, and their bodies fit each other so perfectly like two pieces in a puzzle that it was a bliss. She didn't believe it then. But now she did. It was true! It was all true!! When James kissed her it was like she had never been kissed before. James slightly bit her lower lip and that was all she could handle. This was perfect! This tingles that went through her body every time James groaned inside her mouth, every time their tongues met, it made her knees go weak.

'You're mine now' He said in a raspy voice, still out of breath from the kiss.

They stayed like that for some time. Foreheads touched. eyes closed.

'Zareena?' James asked. But she already knew what he was about to ask.

'yeah?' She said nonetheless.

'I'm not Arden.'

She chuckled as she shook her head. She leaned back so she could make eye contact with James. She wanted to show him that everything that she was about to say came from her heart. Because the heart never lies.

'I know that James' She started. 'You are James and he is Arden. Both of you are a part of my so-complicated-life. He's my past and you are gifted to me as my present. You gave me something that Arden couldn't give. You gave me the hope for a future. When I am with you I never went into a shock after that first time, do you know why? Because you kept me in the present you never let me wander in the past. You are everything to me James.'

James just smirked which made her frown.

'What?!'

'You just called me James instead of Conner like twice'

'No I didn't'

'You surely did'

'No you might have a hearing problem or something Conner.'

James just rolled his eyes and kissed her again.

She'll never get used to this.

'My heart beats in yours' She whispered.

'And mine in yours'

THE END.