NOT COMING BACK

JAMES

It has been two months since Zareena left but, it felt like a life time!

The day after they found the picture, they booked a flight back to Zurich and James was left alone. He never really knew the feeling of being separated from a person that he cared. He didn't love his father so, he never knew. But, the moment Zareena left in that plane he felt incomplete. Like she had taken a piece of him with her. He was lifeless. But, that was how Zareena felt for three years after Zean died. So James felt it was not fair for him to complain about her leaving for a short period of time.

After she went with Julie, he told everything to his mother. About Zareena's trials, her family and he told about what she thought about James and Arden being twins.

His mother took that surprisingly well. She took it better than him. His mother told him that his ex-dad had been married to a woman before and he was his father's biological son. But he didn't know why his mother never told him that.

Then Zareena called him one day, and told him that she was right about him and Arden. Then she surprised him by saying that his biological mother was eager to talk to him. He didn't knew what to think at first. She was the one that left him right? But when he saw her all of those thoughts faded away. It was like love at first sight, but in this case it was his mother.

When he saw her, he knew from where he got his looks. Arden's mother....his mother had the same hair color and eyes he had. He was happy that he didn't have any traits from his father. They talked for a long time. She said that she was sorry to leave him with his father and not coming to see him because the courts banned her from seeing him and she didn't know where he was. He said that it was okay because his mother took care of him.

Then she and his mother talked for a while. Arden's mother thanked him for taking care of him and for being the mother she couldn't be. And she told them that she wouldn't take him away from them but she asked if she can come and visit them someday. His mother was more than happy to have her with them. He was too.

The following night Zareena called him. She was crying.

'Zareena what's wrong?' he asked immediately.

'My parents told me to stay in Zurich. But, I don't want to stay here. It's very lonely. There is no one! When Julie moves back to America I'll be alone again! I don't want to be alone James. I need you. I need Dylan. I need Amy and Steph'

She told him what happened and how Julie said that they were really trying to be good parents. He said that it was okay. They could always meet in the holidays and there will always be a thing called the internet. And he said that she would surely find friends in Zurich, like she found them.

'No one can replace you.' she had said. 'No one can be the way you are to me'

And he didn't hear anything from there because Zareena left the phone and went to the washroom to cry. It was Julie who told him the rest.

James was a wreck. He didn't eat, he didn't sleep. He couldn't do anything. His friends would come to visit him sometimes, tried to console him but, he really missed Zareena. She was more that a friend to him. She was more than a sibling and she was more than a lover....there wasn't any name for the connection he had with her. And now she was gone.

He now knew why people were so grim and moody, why they couldn't tell their problems to someone. Because there was no words to explain the grief he was experiencing. And nobody, except a person who had undergone the same thing he did can understand him. He was hollow. He felt lose because the person who showed him the path was gone. He felt empty, lifeless, purposeless. Just drifting through time.

He was heart broken. He knew that Zareena and him could meet in the holidays and they call FaceTime anytime they want but how long can that last? Long distance relationship was hard. It was even harder when they had spent most of their time together earlier. But he would try. He needed Zareena in his life and he knew Zareena felt the exact same.