Chapter 4; First Impressions

7 hours after the events of the morning, Zay was out around the city shopping for clothes due to him having very few pairs. While walking back to his hotel room, he saw a familiar face, well, a few familiar faces. "Dami!" He said running up to them. They all turned around, some of them looking confused from seeing him earlier. "Oh, hey Zay." Damian responded. He looked at the other three that were with Damian. "Uh, Damian who is he?" The boy next to him asked. Zay chuckled to himself remembering him from earlier that day. "He's uh.." Damian paused for a minute.

"I'm a friend from the League of Assassin's, if he's told y'all about that."
"Yeah, he told us, Zay? Is it?"
"Yup! It is!" He smiled.
"Cool! I'm Jon." he smiled back.
"Nice to meet you! What about those two up ahead?"

Jon, Damian and Zay looked ahead to see the other two at a street vendor. "Oh, the green haired one is Garfield and the other is Wallace or Wally." Damian answered "Wassup dude!" Garfield called out. Zay waved back. "Hey I might stop by at 4 if that's fine?" "Yea that's ok. I'll let them know." Damian stated. "Oh you're joining the team?! Cool, I just joined a few months ago!" Jon excitedly said.

"So, did Damian force you to join or?!" Zay laughed.
"Shut up!" Damian growled "Come on Jon, we gotta go, it shouldn't take this long to get home from school."
"Well see ya later Zay!!" He smiled walking off. "Yup see you guys!"

Two hours passed and Zay just finished packing up his stuff back into his luggage bags. When he heard his phone buzzing from across the room, he quickly looked down at his smart-watch to see a text from Damian? "Do you need help getting your stuff here?" He messaged. "How did you even get my number-? Yeah sure." Zay replied. "World's greatest detective at work. Raven is sending a portal now." Zay smiled, shaking his head. A few seconds later a blackish purple portal appears in front of Zay. "Huh, guess this is that portal he mentioned." He grabbed his bags and slowly walked through it. As he stepped out of the warp, saw a massive building in front of him. He raised his head up to see the Titan Tower. 'Holy shit, it's a lot bigger in person." a voice laughed in front of him, "Hahaha, that's what she said!" Zay turned his head to see a boy with Caucasian male with green hair, "Oh my god Garfield!" Zay laughed.

"The brat told me to meet you down here." He smirked.
"Yea I kinda figured that." Zay said. "So is it better to wear my suit or?"
"I mean it would probably look better, but then again I didn't even have a suit at first so i don't know." Garfield laughed. Zay smiled "Yeah, I'll keep it off for now."

Garfield and Zay headed inside to the lobby area. "Wait y'all have a lobby?" Zay asked. "Yeah dude! It's not used for much besides parties and things like that." Garfield responded. "You sound unsure about that." Zay said. "You're right I have no idea." They both laughed and entered the elevator. The elevator ascended to the top floor. "Ding!" the doors.

They walked through the door, they took a few steps forward before stopping again. Zay looked around the room to see a young adult woman with red hair and green eyes, Zay figured it was Starfire who was talking to the Titans. Presumably that meeting Garfield was talking about, "Well Titans one of the last things I wanted to tell you guys about is I ,have been invited to join the Justice League. I will be stepping down as Leader next week."

"Well can't say I didn't see that one coming." Damian Sarcastically said.
"Oh my god Damian!" Garfield said. "What!?" He Said responded.

Zay rolled his eyes. Some of the members expressed their happiness for her and sadness that she would be leaving. Starfire looked towards Zay and smiled. "Although, I do have some good news! We have a new member joining the team!" "And he's actually standing right behind you too!" Garfield added. Most of the Titans turned around, "Oh hi Zay!" Jon said, flying over to him. "Wassup Jonny!" Zay greeted. "Oh so you've already met some of them?" a gothic looking girl said, walking towards Zay. "Yea, I knew Damian since the League of Assassins and I met Jon, Garfield and Wallace earlier today." He explained. "I'm assuming you are ?" "Raven or Rachel your choice." She smiled slightly. At this point almost all the titans were around Zay. Do you see the keyword there? 'Almost'

Laughter came from the couch, the Titans and Zay looked over there to see a girl who looked very familiar to Zay. "League of Assassins you say? I remember you!" Zay's confusion turned into an embarrassed smile. "Oh do you now?' He replied. "Yea, we were there at the same time." As she spoke she got closer, also pretty much forcing his back against the wall. "Been a while eh zay-zay?" She said to him as he was against the wall. "Aye Maya, it really has been." Maya backed up, smiling and slightly blushing. "So, you two done flir-" "Shut it Wayne." Zay interrupted.

A blonde girl with double dutch braids came over next to Maya. "Zay, this is Kathy. She's Jon's girlfriend." Zay looked over at Jon who was blushing. "Howdy Zay, Welcome to the team!" Kathy said. "Thank you, Kathy!" Starfire walked over to Zay, "I've heard things about you and your father, hopefully you can live up to his legacy." She smiled. "I hope I can. It would kill me if I let him down." Zay sighed. "Oh, uh where do I like, sleep and stuff?" "Oh That's right! There are two rooms left. One in hall A and the other in hall B." She said. "I'll take the one in hall A." Zay said. "Alright! Wallace, could you show Zay to his room?" A red trail began to move towards them and Wallace appeared in front of Zay Startling him. "Sure I can help!" Wallace said. Starfire nodded. Wallace led Zay to the A hall talking on the way there.

"So you're a friend of Maya and Damian?" Wallace asked.
"Yeah, for a long time, we have been friends since we were about 7 or 8." He Answered.
"Cool cool, so you are more friends with Maya?"
"Yea definitely, Damian and I are close but Maya and I have something special."
"She seems to like you." Wallace teased. Zay blushed but could really see it.

"Anyway, your hall-mates are Jon, Kathy, Maya and Me," Wallace said. Zay nodded, "Wait I only saw 8 of you today, where is the other member?" Zay asked. "Oh Jaime? He'll be back sometime tonight." "Ah okay, anyway thanks for the help!" He said. "No Problem! If you need me, I'm down the hall." Wallace said, running off. Zay looked at the door "A1" it read. "Well I guess I'm living here now." He smiled, taking a step toward the door that automatically opened, and walked in.