Chapter 1; The Start of A New Journey

Being a superhero can be hard. Constantly called weird or an endangerment, so much so that you feel as if you don't fit in and there is no-one like you. When in reality there are many like you? It might take a while to find that group but you will and once you're not alone anymore you'll feel like you're in a room full of Titans, Teen Titans.

          Zayion Pierce, a 15-year-old African-American teen from Chicago, Illinois, is the son of Jefferson Pierce, AKA Black Lightning. He's one of 4 in his family with powers he discovered he had around the age of 7.  Unfortunately, his parents were both killed by The League of Assassins when he was young, so they raised him for 7 years before they "released" him in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Zay was an amazing inventor, a skill he picked while being trained by The League. He made gear, super suits and weapons for himself and the other League members.  

      After they let him go, Zay used his powers and inventions and became his hero alter-ego Crypto, who he says was "helping him move away from his past". He has moved to San Francisco, California and is trying to start a new life for himself. Zay just landed from his flight from Milwaukee to San Francisco. He took his luggage from the overhead bin and departed the plane. It was a gloomy, rainy day when he arrived. Even the streetlights on the corner of the sidewalk barely illuminated the neighborhoods. Zay headed down the wet city streets on the way to the hotel he rented.

      The rain was dripping down his skin. He put his hood up and put his hands in his pockets as he kept walking. Zay saw a little girl bawling her eyes out to her mom. "Why can't it stop raining!" She cried. Her mom shook her head, visibly tired of listening to her cry. He smirked as his eyes faded to a rose-red color and he pulled one of his hands out of his pocket, palm facing the sky. The rain clouds disappeared as the sky turned a beautiful blue. The little girl's face lit up in joy as the rain halted, and her mother sighed, finally relieved that she stopped crying. "Yo, that's more like it!" He laughed as his eyes faded back to their normal brown color.

     As he was continuing his way to the hotel his stomach rumbled, "Bruh I'm starving, there's gotta be a restaurant or something around here." He surveyed the area, looking for a place to eat. He headed down a few more blocks, noticing many available food choices. He ended up choosing a cafe called Snowpaw Café, which was thankfully a block away from his hotel. He went inside and ordered a chocolate cappuccino and glazed donut and headed on his way eating the donut he just bought.

    He soon arrived at his hotel and walked inside to check into his room. The TV that was in the lobby was playing the 6 pm news. Everyone in the vicinity was gathered around to hear the latest news. "The Teen Titans stop yet another attack by H.I.V.E soldiers! We actually got one of our reporters to get an interview with Robin."

     "So do you think H.I.V.E will try to take over again?" the reporter asked. Robin looked down and thought for a moment, "Yes they will definitely try to attack again, but don't worry as long as the Teen Titans are around you have nothing to worry about." He stated confidently. "There ya have it folks stated like a true titan."

     "I swear to god I know him, but where from?" Zay said to himself. He looked down at his nano-tech bracelet where his super-suit was kept. "I guess i'll have to find out myself."