11. Felix Felicis

To everybody's relief, Katie didn't die. Since she'd only just brushed the necklace, Snape had been able to prevent the spread of the curse. Katie had then been sent to St Mungo's, where hopefully she would wake up from the curse induced coma she was under.

Harry meanwhile had his second lesson with Dumbledore. He'd seen Dumbledore visit Voldemort in his orphanage, like how he'd come to my house when my letter arrived. But to nobody's surprise, it seems Voldemort was a little shit when he was younger, stealing things and generally scaring other children.

It appeared that even ten year old Voldemort was an expert in parseltounge, cruelty and domination. But the most interesting thing that Harry told me was this--that Voldemort's Grandfather's ring was missing from Dumbledore's office.

"--I think it's fasinating." Hermione said after Harry had explained about the meeting in Herbology. The six of us were crowded around one bench, as even after a further two weeks--Sam and Cole still hadn't spoken. "It makes sense to know more about his past. You can find his weaknesses then!"

"So, how was Sluggy's party?" Cole scoffed as he pulled at a plant too agressivley as Sam stared at him across the greenhouse. "Arthur certainly seemed to enjoy himself."

I tried to avoid blushing but failed. Ever since our so-called date, Arthur and I had been almost clingy with each other. We kept kissing each other on the cheek (though sometimes Arthur misjudged and kissed my ear) and occasionally Arthur would put his arm around my shoulders when we were going down corridors.

I wasn't even sure if we were dating or not, but whatver we were I quite liked it. Arthur was so different from my past boyfriends. Laurence and I had been two awkward eleven year olds, playing at being in love, despite not knowing what it was.

And Malfoy... Our relationship went from hot to cold so quickly that it was difficult to determine how many 'normal' couple moments we'd ever had. And Arthur was just so sweet and dorky, and most importantly didn't shy away from us being seen together in public.

That's always what bothered me about being with Malfoy. Sometimes he'd not mind us holding hands in public around his Slytherin friends, but sometimes he'd just act like we were friends just because of who I was.

"Yeah, it was really fun." I said with a smile. "I mean, Slughorn goes on a lot, but the food is good and he introduced us to Gwenog Jones. I nearly cried, I love her so much."

Ron raised an eyebrow. "Gwenog Jones? Captain of the Holyhead Harpies?"

"She was a bit full of herself, mind." Hermione pointed out.

"I don't care, she's still my hero." I said firmly. "And Arthur had this little Pikachu bowtie on that his mother got him, and she said it was cute. He almost fainted, he's so adorable."

Gennie snorted. "You're so fond."

I flushed pink. "Says the one who went on about how hot Cole's lip ring was for like four months."

Gennie scowled at me, but Cole just rolled the ring around his lip with a beaming smile that reminded me of one Arthur always gave me.

"Quite enough chat over here!" said Professor Sprout briskly, bustling over and looking stern. "You're lagging behind, everybody else has started, and Neville's already got his first pod!"

Neville was clutching an unpleasantly pulsating green object about the size of a grapefruit.

"Okay, Professor, we're starting now!" said Ron, adding quietly, when she had turned away again, "Should've used Muffliato, Harry."

"No, we shouldn't!" said Hermione at once, looking, as she always did, intensely cross at the thought of the Half-Blood Prince and his spells. "Well, come on ... we'd better get going..."