Chapter Twenty-Three

Hey everyone! Sorry for the late update... Anyways, a lot of drama starts at the end so beware. ;) I hope you all enjoy it! Eva will be writing the next chapter. :)

Love, RelentlessChaos <3

------------------------

Chapter 23

Liam’s POV

            The voice of Leona Lewis rang through my ears as I lifted weights at the gym. I had never been this stressed before. I didn’t want my life to become a mess like it once was with my ex girlfriend. Now that I had Cher, everything was perfect. I told the boys specifically not to tell Cher about Lindsay. Although I knew none of them would dare to tell her, there was an irritating feeling in my gut. This wasn’t going to be good. In Lindsay’s perspective, our relationship never even ended.

            For a while I thought she finally forgot about me. That was until I started receiving texts from an unknown phone number…

“Liam, I’ve missed you so much xx”

“It was so hard living without you”

“I love you sweetheart. I’m back and better than ever :)”

“I can’t wait to see your handsome face, love you x”

            I deleted all the texts, but more kept pouring in. It was so frustrating. By no means did I want to be mean to Lindsay, but this was going too far. She had pushed past her limits. I scratched the back of my neck and sighed. What was I going to do?

            “What’re ya thinkin’ ‘bout, mate?” Zayn asked as he walked over from his spot in the gym.

            “Just everything.”

            “You okay?” He questioned.

            “Yeah, I’ll be fine,” I said. I wasn’t so sure if I was telling the truth or not.

            “Liam,” Zayn said as he looked at me with an expression that I knew all too well…

            I sighed and told him everything. He already knew about Lindsay, but I filled him in about the texts and my uneasiness about the whole topic. Zayn was silent for a while before he spoke up.

            “I think you should tell Cher. She deserves to know, Liam. She’s going to be more hurt if you don’t tell her. Lindsay’s psychotic. Cher will understand, mate. I hate to see you go through this. You always let people walk all over you. Sometimes you have to stop worrying about hurting people’s feelings because someone’s always going to get hurt in the end!”

            I was shocked at Zayn’s advice. He was blunt, but he was correct.

            I sighed. “You’re right.”

            He put his hand on my shoulder and gave me a sympathetic look. “Look on the bright side, cat fights are always fun to watch!”

            “Zayn!” I scolded him, slapping his arm away from me. “Cher and Lindsay will not be getting in any type of fight, brawl, scuffle, or anything of the sort. Besides, they’ll never meet.”

            “You might be wrong on that one, mate. Lindsay’s back in the UK.”

            My eyes grew wide as saucers and I almost passed out. This couldn’t happen. I wouldn’t let it. There’s no way I’d let anyone sabotage mine and Cher’s relationship. She means too much to me.

            “Zayn… We have to talk to Lindsay,” I told him.

            “You have to talk to Lindsay,” He said.

            “Zayn, I don’t want to,” I whined.

            “Well too bad. You have to. Do you like Cher?” Zayn asked.

            “Of course I do!” I retorted.

            “Then talk to Lindsay and make sure she knows that you like Cher, not her. Tell her to get out of your life!” Zayn said.

            “Okay…”

            “I’m proud of ya, mate,” He said as he clapped his hand on my shoulder.

            I wiped my sweaty face off with a towel and Zayn and I left the gym. I dropped Zayn off. When I got to my flat, I struggled to open the door with my key. When it finally opened, I saw Niall sprawled out on my couch cuddled up to a bag of chips. I chuckled and shut the door quietly. I went to the bathroom and took a much needed shower.

            The sound of pounding fists upon my bathroom door made me jump.

            “Liam, someone’s hear for you!” Niall yelled.

            When did he wake up?

            I began to panic. Did Lindsay know my address? What if she came here and kidnapped me? What if she hurt Niall?

            I got dressed quickly and ran out of the bathroom. My body came in contact with someone else’s and we both fell to the floor. I looked into the eyes of Cher.

            “Cher! I thought you were…someone else,” I told her.

            “Like who? Lindsay?” She asked.

            “How do you know about her?” I asked.

            She pushed me off of her and stood up, crossing her arms. “When were you planning to tell me, Liam?”

            “I swear I was gonna tell you. I just had this talk with Zayn earlier at the gym… I didn’t want you to get hurt.”

            “I don’t expect you to tell me every little thing about your past, but I think I should know about a crazy ex who won’t leave you alone,” Cher said.

            “I know… I’m sorry. I thought I could handle it but she’s just so persistent!” I groaned.

            “I didn’t come here to make you feel bad…” Cher stated. She hugged me and I squeezed her tightly.

            Just as I was about to open my mouth to say something, my doorbell rang. Niall answered it and his jaw fell open.

“Lindsay?”