Chapter Twenty-Two

Chapter 22

Cher's POV

    "Louis, you ca-" I started, but he cut me off.

    "I don't want to hear it, Cher. I need to tell you something." 

   "Like?..."

    "I'm going on a date with Isabelle." Louis tried to say casually but ended up cracking a smile.

     "LOUIS, THAT'S GREAT!" I squealed and started rambling about their future until he cut me off again.

   "But that's not the main reason why I'm here." Louis said with a now way too serious face and that scared me. Louis had more of a Spencer complex. They were hardly ever serious.

   "Uh...um...ok." I blurted.

   "Cher, I don't know if anyone has warned you but I think it's right for you to know. I'm sure you're aware of Liam's ex, right?"

   I could feel anger boil in my vains. I never liked Lindsay. She didn't deserve Liam. She never had.

  "Lindsay?"

   I could see Louis cringe at her name but he continued.

   "Yeah. Well, I'm going to give you a bit of a heads up. Lindsay is insane." Louis told me with more seriousness than I've ever heard him in.

   "L-Like what do you mean insane?" I asked croaking out the last part because my throat was tightening.

"Like she will do anything to get Liam back. We had convinced Liam to dump her because she was obsessive and clingy. That day when he had finally broke up with her, she had sworn to Liam that if she couldn't have him nobody could."

   Obsessive. Clingy. Insane.

   Those words kept playing through my mind like a scratched DVD.

  Obsessive. Clingy. Insane.

   I wasn't even sure if I wanted to be with Liam at this point. I like him more than I've ever liked anyone, yes most definitely.  That doesn't mean I'm going to keep up with a crazy ex girlfriend for him. I'm a teenage girl for crying out loud I should be able to date any guy without the feeling of being targeted by his previous girlfriend.

   What bothered me even more is that Liam didn't tell me. Did he just expect me to find out on my own? I'm technically his girlfriend now. I could understand if I was just plain old Cher Lovett, his friend that he kisses, but that wasn't the case. I was his girlfriend. And if he was going to tell anyone about Lindsay's insane behaviors it should've been me. Liam should've told me. Not Louis.

"I should probably get going. I'll most likely see you soon." Louis smiled faintly.

    I only smiled a bit back. I really wasn't joyed at the moment.

   "And, Cher? Do me a favor and don't tell Liam I told you. He told us not to tell you about her." Louis said while climbing out my window.

   It really wasn't looking the best for Liam right now.

   My head was spinning and I had no idea what to do. I know what you're thinking. I shouldn't even be worried about this. Maybe Liam was going to tell me on his own. That doesn't matter, though. I was confused and very ticked off.

   So what was I going to do? I was going to ask my brother for help. Like I always do. Sure Joey was a feather-brain but I told him everything.

   I slipped out of my bed and tiptoed to Joey's. Hopefully he's awake.

   "Joey." I whispered lightly at his door knocking on it as well.

    "Go away, Cher. I'm busy." Joey whispered back.

   "I really need help, Joey. Please open up." I begged him.

   Silence drifted into the air after that. I swear I could hear him breathing.

   Suddenly, Joey's door swung open with a very unhappy Joey standing in the door frame.

   "Did a boy hurt you in any way, Cher? Because if he did, I'll beat the bastard-" Joey fumed as he opened his door.

   I cut him off immediately.

   "Joey, no. But it is a boy problem I guess you could say."

I literally had to look up at my brother because he was so tall. Just like how I had to look up at Liam. It was quite embarrassing. I was about 5'4 and both Liam and Joey were giants.  I knew I wasn't going to grow any taller and that's what upset me. I wanted to be as tall as someone like Tyra Banks.

   "Come inside." Joey sighed and I came in.

    His room was a mess. The only things he had was trash, a bed, some posters, and a laptop which was currently on. I wanted to go to see what he was doing on his laptop. I knew better not to, though. Joey barely let's me inside his room just like I barely let him inside mine.

   "Sit." Joey pointed to his bed. I hesitated for a moment because I had no idea what was on that bed.

   "Cher, sit." Joey said once again and I did.Sitting on his bed made me feel like crying and disinfecting myself.

  "What do you need?" He asked me sitting on his computer chair.

   "You can't laugh." I told him very seriously. I really didn't feel like getting laughed at.

   "I'll try."

    Rolling my eyes, I started from the beginning. On how I met Liam and so forth. Joey did end up laughing at some points which caused me to scowl at him. After about 3 minutes of calming down, I continued the story where I left off.

   Finally finishing, I only looked at him to see what he had to say.

  "Don't dump him, Cher. I'm pretty sure he had plans to tell you but that Lewis guy beat him to it. It's obvious you both like each other and you can't just let his ex get to you. If you and Ian are officially dating then he's moved on. And you should be able to accept that. Not matter how crazy his ex may be."  Joey told me.  I wanted to laugh at him for not getting the names right but I decided that it wasn't a good time.

  "Thank you, Joey." I said simply, paying him with a hug.

  I was just about to leave his room until he called out,

   "I'm seeing a girl, by the way."

I squealed running back to his room.

  "Tell me about her, Joey. Please?"

  "Cher, no. You'll meet her soon enough."

  "Joey, please! What's her name at least."

   "Goodbye, Cher." Joey said while pushing me out of the room.

   "Come on. I'm your sister! You can tell me anything."

   Sighing, Joey finally gave me a detail about the girl.

   "Her name is Eva and that's all I'm telling you."

  "Eva?" I asked him to make sure. The name Eva rang a huge bell but I couldn't exactly remember how at the moment.

  "Did I stutter?"

  "You're such a dick." I frowned hitting his chest.

   "Love you too my little Cher Bear." Joey teased, closing the door after me.

   I only smiled while walking back to my room. My brother has to be the best thing that I could possibly have.

   ******

   Heyyyyyy. Its Eva. Yay.

  Since I really had no idea what to name Joey's girlfriend and I didn't want to go through the whole new process of a character I just got an old character (me of course)

   I hope you liked the chapter lovelies.

   - Eva xxx (: