A Fright

Corpse had a really good stream. He was in such a good mood.

He stayed on for a lot longer than he originally thought he would have but he was genuinely enjoying himself.

You were in his presence too and the last time he peeked over his shoulder to see how you were going was just over an hour and a half ago. And you were still there, working on your own stuff silently. Corpse would have quickly gotten up to kiss your cheek but before you really didn't have a chance to react because he was already in another game by the time you turned to face him.

What he had announced was going to be his last game. But then that turned into many more.

Until finally he completed his actual last game.

He didn't realise how much time had passed until he had spotted the time on his phone and he turned back to you once more.

Your laptop was still open, but the screen had dimmed due to it being timed out, your glasses were still on your face but they were sitting crookedly, your book was opened but instead of writing in it, it had become an uncomfortable makeshift pillow. You were bent over, still sitting in your seat but you were fast asleep with your head resting on the desk. You'd crashed about ten minutes after that kiss on the cheek.

Corpse let out a silent laugh with a breath of air from his nose.

And if he was in a less hyped up mood, he would have woken you up another way but he was hyper. He was still excited after an amazing stream and so he made a chaotic decision. He wheeled his chair to yours and gripped the back of it and suddenly began shaking it.

"WAKE UP!"

And you would. So instantaneously. Your head would fly up, your heart race would increase, your arms would flail, your breath would be so quick and uneven after being so deep and slow from falling asleep.

"What- what's wrong?!"

And then he'd laugh. Really fucking hard.

"Corpse?!" Your mind was still processing, you'd had an abrupt wake up. You turned to face him then, seeing him double over in laughter in his seat and finally you'd realised nothing was wrong and he had woken up in such a chaotic way just for fun. "Why would you do that?!" You weren't ready to laugh about it, so instead you'd kick your leg out against chair to push it further it from you.

Turning back to the desk, you'd put your elbows on the top and place your face in your hands, letting out a sigh. And he was still laughing.

"Stop laughing!"

"I can't, I really can't."

And then you'd turn to look at him, a very obvious frown of annoyance displayed on your face but as soon as he looked at it you, it only made him laugh harder.

"Fuck you."

And then you'd shut your laptop with a force, slam your book shut and stand up with a huff, ready to make a dramatic exit.

But when you went to step past Corpse's chair, he'd reach up and take hold of your arm.

"Baby-" but even still, he was struggling not to laugh. "Baby, c'mon, it was funny."

"It wasn't!" You'd argue back, attempting to break free but it would make his grip stronger and then his other arm would hook around you to pull you down into his lap. And right away, he'd pepper kisses along your shoulder between his laughs that had calmed down as one of his hands rubbed soothingly up and down your thigh and the other along one of your arms.

"It was a little bit funny." He'd whisper as his soft kisses made their way up your neck and to your ear.

"Corpse."

"I know you want to laugh."

"I don't."

"Not even give me a little smile?" He'd asked so preciously, his hand that was rubbing along your arm moving to your face so he could lift the corners of your mouth.

"Stop!" You'd laugh then and push his hand away from your face so you could hide your face in his neck.

"Knew you wanted to laugh."