Crash

Wake up. Wake up. Wake up wake up wake up.

The words repeated over and over in your head. You'd had dreams about crashing your car before, but usually you woke up just before the point of impact. This time you didn't.

This couldn't of happened, this can't be real, this is a a dream, I've got to wake up.

But you were already very much awake, this was very much real.

The colour had already drained from your face, tears were welling up in your eyes and your heart had already sunk. Your hands were trembling, your chest was completely still, you weren't breathing in that moment. Your body had reacted before your mind had completely caught up.

"Fuck." Was all you managed to say as realisation had hit you. You'd gotten into a car crash.

You looked around you, wondering how the others cars on the road were still moving when it felt like your world had just come to a stop when your car had its collision. You heard your dad's voice in your head, all the things he'd told you when he taught you how to drive, had - god forbid - you ever ended up in a situation like this.

You went through the motions as well as you could. You were in a state of shock and physically, you were definitely there, but mentally, you really weren't present. You were having an out of body feeling in the most terrifying way, it was a defence from the panic that had overwhelmed you.

-

Corpse felt a surge of anxiety. He had no idea why, either. All he was doing was looking through fan art on twitter, he hadn't seen anything that usually would make him feel like that. It just throttled its way into himself seemingly out of no where.

It was especially odd seeing that today had been such a good day. Waking up beside was usually something that put him in a good head space.

So he started to call you, you always made him feel better. But then he remembered you were driving and you were a cautious driver, you never answered your phone when you were behind the wheel. You'd told him in the past how tenacious your dad had been as a driving teacher and it had really stuck with you.

Just as he was about to hang up, knowing you weren't going to answer, you did.

"Hello?" Something was off. Corpse heard it right away in just that one greeting from you.

"Are you okay?" He didn't even greet you back, he already had anxiety running through him and the unsettling tone of your answer of the phone had only made it increase.

"I think so." You were so monotoned. Corpse had never heard you speak this way. You were a lot of things, but monotone was not one. You were expressive, bright and dramatic.

"You think so?" He repeated in a questioning way, wanting to know what was wrong.

"Yeah." You responded so plainly again. Corpse almost wanted to ask you who was he speaking to right now, because surely this couldn't have been you. This person had your voice, but this was a person he did not know right now.

"What's going on?"

"I crashed my car." You said it to him so simply. There was no emotion behind it. His heart thundered as if a terrible hail storm had just broken out.

"What?!"

"I crashed my car." You repeated. Once again so eerily unemotional.

"Where are you?!"

-

Corpse shouldn't have been driving in the state he was in, but he needed to get to you. His emotions were running so high and he couldn't comprehend why yours weren't.