Chapter XV

"I need to see a nurse or doctor," Jesse said, showing the receptionist his bloody fingers.
"Oh my God. I'll call in a code red. Attention all staff, we have a code red!"
"Can I just see a doctor?!"
"Please get my husband some medical attention."
"It's going to be awhile, the system is still down.
"****! I guess I have to do this damn thing by myself." He got in a wheelchair and he rolled himself into the ER. He halted with a final skid that burned rubber marks on the floor. Dr. Sykel looked at him with a scowl and he looked at him with eyes concerned if he would make it.
"Why the hell did you come in here to burn rubber on my damn floor?!"
"It's an emergency asshole!" Mr. Whitfield panted.
He had him sit on the examining table and he took a look at the bullet hole.
"Damn! That must have been one hell of a bullet to leave a hole that big."
"Yeah it was one hell of a bullet, now are you going to take it out or what?!"
"No, I'll just send you home with a band-aid." He said facetiously.
"Humor just makes me pissed in a situation like this!" Jesse growled.
"Fine, gee whiz. Can't a guy have a little fun around here?"
"Hell no! You're a mother ******* doctor do something, you damn idiot!"
"Alright, this might hurt."
"I don't freaking care, just get the damn thing over with!"
"Ok, here we go." The doctor took some tweezers and pulled the bullet out.
"Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh*t!" He gasped.
"I told you it might hurt. This hole is pretty big, so I'm going to sew it up."
"Do it then!"
"I have to numb the area." Dr. Sykel said, holding a syringe.
"I'm not going to look I hate those mother ******s..." Jesse whimpered as the needle punctured his skin.
"Finally the stitches." He threaded the needle and began sewing Jesse's hole up.
As soon as Dr. Sykel finished, Jesse looked at his patched hole with a smile.
"Now that's an asshole!" Jesse laughed and his wife rolled her eyes.