{9} Hīrōzu Academy

𝗠𝗮𝘆 𝟭𝘀𝘁 𝟳:𝟱𝟬

      You know when you go somewhere new, and your only thought is wow-

    Let's back up a bit:
_______

    Clover and I had trained day and night with everything we had, testing our new gadgets and weapons on a ton of random garbage (and one very unlucky rat...). After weeks of working hard, the day we were scheduled to take the entrance exams for Hīrōzu Academy finally arrived.

    And let me tell you that this school was a castle. Not even kidding, it was like an actual, freaking castle. Insane, right‽ The entrance was a cobblestone path with wildly over-eccentric landscaping done. It was also spring, which only make the place more breathtaking to look at.

    I turned to Clover next to me who looked at the building in awe as well. I could tell she was also plucked with that same thought that said if we got into this school, it wouldn't be so bad. But alas, there's only one school for Clover. This was just a stepping stone to her dreams. Our dreams.

   "There's a lot more people here than I expected.." she muttered and turned her gaze towards the hundreds of students around that were about to try out like us.

    I looked around with her. "Yeah, but it's no sweat. We trained a lot, and on top of that- holy crap what is that‽" My attention sprung from my friend to a student passing by who held what I saw as a mechanized rapier.

    "No way! She could probably fire a range of a hundred feet with that kind of modification. And what about her shield? By the looks of it, she probably had it made to take hits of about a quarter of a ton. Though, the metal seems kind of flimsy..." I stopped my ramble after hearing Clover's muffled giggle behind her hand.

    "What?" I asked and willed myself to turn away from the absolutely stunning weapons around me.

    Clover waved her hands in front of herself. "Oh nothing, it's just...Aeyo was right about you. You are a tiny bit of a dork about those things."

    "Please spare me the trauma of Aeyo being right about me," I deadpanned back. It didn't take long until my short attention span flipped to the next girl with an ammo belt around her shoulders passing by holding what looked like a gatling gun painted yellow and black. As you can imagine, I rambled about that thing for as long as I could hold my breath.

    "Geez, Rose, take it easy. They're just weapons," Clover said and put a hand on my shoulder.

    "They're not just weapons!" I waved my arms to show her the extent of how important it was. "They're an extension of ourselves, apart of us that's totally unique! You never really know about a person until you see what kind of weapon they wield, what kind of firearm is by their side, or what blade they can count on. They're just...so awesome!"

    Clover laughed and put her hand on my shoulder to keep me from bouncing more than I already was. "Ok ok, we have some time before the exam, so you can go geek out about all the weapons, and I'll talk to some of these kids about what we should expect. Sound good?" We usually didn't split up, but on the other hand there were some really cool weapons I had to check out.

     "Ok," I said. With that, we split. I moved back towards the benches where my eyes quickly caught sight of all the girls around us welding all sorts of amazing weapons. I mentally took note of each and every one to possibly assemble and modify my own design of. Again I'm not a nerd, but I did always have the talent to be able to tell a lot about a person just by their choice of weapon.

     One girl wearing silver armer passed by again with her mechanized rapier sword and matching shield in hand. I could tell she valued precision and grace in combat over head on attacks.