Chapter 29: Final Matches Day 2: Scarlet Anger

The next day, Ryoma and Atobe went down for breakfast, as usual. As always, they were the first ones to be seated at the breakfast table. Today, it was heart shaped waffles, (One of the servers said the heart-shaped waffle maker was a gift for them from Martha Stewart, when she visited.) and even ice cream. The door that leads to the bedrooms opened, and sure enough, Pakura and Ryoga walked out. They greeted Ryoma and Atobe morning, before sitting down and taking their breakfast. Ok, correct that. Ryoga took his breakfast. Pakura merely stared at the food. "What's wrong, Princess?" said Atobe. Ryoma, however, knew what's wrong. Pakura isn't exactly the sweet tooth type of girl. She only ordered ice cream the other day because she wanted to pretend she is just another typical girl, and generally, girls like sweets. However, after she started dating Ryoga, she acted more like herself. "She doesn't like sweets." Ryoma replied, shoveling his waffle with chocolate ice cream.

"That's not good Paku." Ryoga said, cutting a piece of waffle with strawberry ice cream, and poking it with his fork. He placed the said fork in front of her mouth. "Here" he said. Pakura sighed. If she said no, there'll be dire consequences, knowing Ryoga. She closed her eyes and opened her mouth, and Ryoga shoved the waffle and ice cream inside her mouth. For the rest of the breakfast time (to the embarrassment of the other champions, except Ryoma) Ryoga alternated feeding himself and feeding Pakura. After breakfast, William and Jude were later seen laughing at Pakura about what Ryoga did during breakfast time when they were in the elevator on the way to the gym. Once at the gym, the champions (except Pakura and Ryoma) found it strange that there are much less people in the gym, except for some that the other players seem to know very well. "I wonder what happened." said Jude. Ryoma looked at him in surprise. "Don't you know? Coach Levi kicked out the public members yesterday."

William looked interested. "Really? I thought Coach Levi is the type to stand firm on his decision, and no requests would waver his choices."

Atobe shrugged. "Who knows? Maybe he had a change of heart."

'He should, if he wants to leave this Training Center unscathed.' A certain champion thought. (Who is thinking this sentence?)

"At least we will not worry about being pursued by fans that don't even know us." said Tyler. They placed their bags at the very bottom bleachers, and took out their tennis equipment. They took out their racquets and placed a few tennis balls into their pockets. Just then, Coach Mabi came up to them, carrying a box. "Would you champions kindly pick a number out of the box, please?" The champions obeyed. Ryoma looked at his number. He had a "5". Wonder what that means? Coach Mabi looked at the numbers in their hands, quickly memorized it, and ran to the panel that controls the screen. She typed a few things inside, and the screen turned on. Coach Mabi silenced the other players, before saying, "This would be the order of the matches. Please take note of your names."

1st - Yanagi Renji vs. Tyler Clearwater

2nd - Sanada Genichiro vs. Philip Robinson

3rd – Takahisa Kajimoto vs. William Anderson

4th- Yukimura Seiichi vs. Pakura Goldstein

5th – Oshitari Kenya vs. Ryoma Echizen

6th - Shiraishi Kuranosuke vs. Jude Harrison

7th- Kamio Akira vs. Derek Evans

8th- Muhaki Gakuto vs. Christopher McKiddie

"Would the first players please step on the court now?" said Coaah Mabi. Tyler got up, and took his racquet. "Good luck, Tyler." said Ryoma.

"We will all be behind you." said Pakura.

"Thanks, guys." said Tyler.

Sure enough, an hour later, Tyler won 7-5. He returned, wiping sweat off his forehead. "I'm so tired of people taking data on others and even using it against them." He said angrily. Of course, due to the fact that he is angry, Yanagi learned the hard way that you shouldn't make Tyler angry. Philip got up. His match was next. Poor Philip was pushed back by Sanada's "Fū Rin Ka In Zan Rai". Although Philip has remarkable strength and skill, he still lost 7-6. Sanada actually have to go over to Philip's side of the court and shake his hand. Atobe and Ryoma also have to carry Philip back to the bleachers. Despite the loss and the huge stamina drain, Philip was smiling. He loved the thrill he got when he played Sanada.