Chapter 26: The light version of the ITM begins!

Thank God Pakura recovered in time for the light version of the ITM." Jude mumbled. They were having breakfast together at their floor. William sighed. "Yeah. Pakura, how many times must I remind you to NOT to scoop the residue out of your orange juice?" Pakura, who was picking the said residue out of her orange juice said, "You know I am picky when it comes to food. Besides, I like the pulpless type." She drank her orange juice reluctantly, and grimaced as the residue ran down her throat. She stood up from the table and said, "I'm done." The champions, including Ryoga and Atobe, looked at her incredulously. "But you've only ate one pancake." said Ryoma. "I'm not in the mood to eat. I'll be waiting at the lounge." With that, she walked away from the dining room. The champions (with Atobe and Ryoga) looked at one another. "Is she on a diet or something?" said Jude.

Ryoma shook his head. "Very unlikely. She doesn't care for her looks or for her body shape. It's more like she is not in the mood to eat." After breakfast, they went down to the gym, where all the players (except Seigaku) are already gathered, excited for the light version of the ITM. "We'll go through the plan one more time before Seigaku comes." said Ryoma. The other players nodded, and went to the teams they have convinced.

"Ah, Echizen, Atobe." said Tachibana, when he saw them approaching.

"You know the plan, right?" said Ryoma. The Fudomine team nodded. "Yeah. Try to pick off as many Seigaku players as possible, and save Tezuka for you. Act normal, and pretend we do not know the truth." said Kamio.

"So, that's the plan all along. How mean, Echizen, for not telling us." said a voice behind Ryoma and Atobe. They turned in alarm, and sighed in relief when it's only the Rikkaidai team. "Hello, Yukimura." said Tachibana.

Yukimura smiled. "So, when did you guys learn of the truth?"

"Around a week ago. Wait....don't tell me you knew all along?" said Sakurai.

Yanagi nodded. "Yeah, we do. We didn't believe Seigaku and their lies, actually, from the very beginning." The Fudomine team nodded in understanding. "So, you know of the plan?" said Tachibana.

"We kind of found out ourselves." said Sanada. "During the day where the champions separated to different stations. I happened to overhear Robinson (Philip) talking to the Higa Chuu and Shitenhouji."

"Don't worry, we would help you as much as we could, Echizen." said Yukimura. "We won't speak about the plan to Seigaku. Ah, speak of the devil." The elevator doors opened, and Seigaku stepped out. "Alright, everyone here?" said Coach Mabi. "Well, as you all know, today is the light version of the ITM. Champions of the ITM are exempted from this, because their main objective is to help you in your training. However, the final 16 would have to face off two of them in order to find out who is worthy of representing Japan for the future tournaments all over the country!"

The champions retreated to a safe place (Ryoma giving a last kiss to Atobe), while Coach Mabi told them the procedure of the "ITM"

"You all will be stationed at different parts of the ITM. This device I am about to give you all, it's a device where your name, school, and the number of wins and losses can be registered. Do not lose this. If you have the device that belongs to someone else or you lose yours, you will be immediately disqualified. When you lose three times, you will be disqualified as well. When it is down to the final 16, I will make an announcement for you all to gather and further instructions will be given. Understand?" The players nodded. "Good. Please line up and get your devices." As they watched the players get the devices, Ryoma said, "I hope Keigo would make it." Pakura nodded. Just then, the players were walking away from the gym, looking at their devices. Coach Mabi beckoned to them. They followed and she led them to the Control Room.