Chapter 15

I am so sorry guys for the long wait! I have other priorities than just writing, but I appreciate all the love you all give me. Eternally grateful. Thank you xx

P.s not edited and may be quite a few mistakes! Sorry in advance!

-------------

They looked at me as if I wasn't human. Technically I wasn't, but it still felt that way.

They looked at me like I wasn't one of them and that I didn't belong here.

I could feel their eyes burning into my skin as I stood in front of them all. In front of the Dark Moon Pack. I twiddled with my hands and tried to appear confident. But how could I when their stares made me feel so small and insignificant?

I lifted my head so I was looking up at my mate. Tristan stood beside me and looking out across his Pack. I was greatly surprised to see that he looked calm and at ease as he assessed his Pack members. I mean, I knew this would be Tristan's reaction to be home after a while but it was nice and refreshing to see my mate like that.

Suddenly someone shouted out across the clearing. "Welcome back Alpha!"

My eyes landed on a young boy about the age of ten, waving his hands in the air to get Tristan's attention. I smiled slightly at how cute the boy with a mop of blonde hair bounced excitedly on the ground. I was however surprised to see such a happy person in this Pack. I always thought they were heartless...

I immediately felt horrible for thinking no one would be happy here and became angry at myself. Who was I to judge this Pack when I don't even know one thing about it? Despite the rumours that seemed absolutely horrific, I didn't actually know if they were correct.

They are just like every other Pack, my wolf whispered. They just have a different way of living.

I inwardly agreed and looked nervously over the Pack. Holy Jesus this is a big Pack... The number of members in my Pack paled in comparison to this.

A string of 'Welcome home' and 'Alpha' soon echoed out across the Pack. I watched Tristan as he nodded his head in acknowledgement and gestured with his hand for everyone to quieten down.

Almost instantly, the whole Pack had shut their mouths and were silent. Wow, I thought my brows raising slightly. They all must really respect him.

Well who would be stupid enough to disobey him? My wolf questioned and I turned to look at my mate. He stood tall and confident in front of his Pack, his expression calm. He looked strong and the muscles in his tan arms bulged as he folded his arms over his chest.

I knew that if I wasn't his mate, I would be terrified of Tristan. His height and the size of him was enough to soil my pants and bow down to him.

And the hard stoney expression he always wore on his rugged handsome face.

But for some reason, I couldn't see myself acting like that towards him. Since I was his mate I felt like I could stand my ground and stand up to him. Even though I was going to be living in his land, I wasn't going to let him push me around.

I averted my gaze and tried not to catch anyone's eye. However, even though hundreds of people stood in front of me, I didn't miss the bright green eyes staring up at me. My eyes widened and my face broke into a grin as I spotted my best friend smiling at me in the crowd.

However, when I took a closer look at my friend, my smile faltered. Aria's eyes were blotchy and red, a clear indication that she has been crying. Despite the fact that she was smiling at me, I could see the tiredness in her expression and her skin looked paler than usual.