Chapter 8

I have always wondered what it would be like to have a Mate.

Someone who is destined to you for as long as forever may be, no matter what. To be loved and protected by the one that loves you just as much as you love them. 

It used to scare me to think that I may never find my Mate, that I'll never be with my soul mate. It happens though. Somewhere out around the world, some Wolves don't fine their Mates. It's such a tragic and unfortunate thing to happen, that I wouldn't wish it upon anyone. 

That is why when I was younger, I vowed to myself that if I was lucky and blessed enough to find my Mate, my other half, I would be with them no matter what. It wouldn't matter who they were, I would accept them with a open heart and be with them.

As I stand infront of the man that I am supposed to spend the rest of my life with, I already know I will be going with him back to his pack. From the moment I first set eyes on Tristan, I knew our relationship wasn't going to be easy. That it wasn't going to be like a normal Mates relationship, that it would be different. I was going to have to fight for him, but I couldn't be the only one fighting.

A few things happened at once. I was staring at my Mate, standing lamely in the middle of the room when I was suddenly shoved behind a large back. I stumbled back from the force behind the push, gasping when heat spread through my neck. Grasping the top of the chair for support, I pinched my eyes closed, reeling in the unpleasant sensation. Holy...

After a few moments, I opened my eyes feeling incredibly thankful that the pain had subsided. My Wolf was silent, but I could feel her close to the surface. My father stood threateningly infront of me, his shoulders hunched.

"No. Luce is staying here. She belongs here, this is her home", his voice was contorted into a growl as he tried to control his temper. I glanced over my father and then to Tristan. I really did not like where this was going. 

Tristans eyes darkened as he stared down at my father. Even though his cold and calculating look wasn't directed at me, I shrunk back from the anger and power that radiated from him. 

"Belongs here?" he snarled, the chilling sound resonating around the room. I gulped, clasping my shaking hands together as my wide eyes were glued to my Mate.

"She belongs with me", he stated lowly, his eyes drifting to look at me. My mouth hung open as I blushed, my cheeks giving away my feelings. It was then that realised that I liked- no loved the possessiveness that my Mate elicited. My wolf couldn't get enough of it and absolutely relished the feeling. 

A mix of emotions swirled around in Tristans captivating hooded eyes. They were dark and I knew they held a brutal past, a past that could send me running for the hills. But I wanted to everything about my Mate, the good and the bad. 

"I will go", I spoke quietly, my voice efficently cutting off my dad mid sentence. I ignored him as he began to object. "Lucia-"

"Stop", I growled at my father. I felt a bit bad when my dad shut his mouth almost instantly. His green eyes glowered with hurt before they hardened and looked away, his jaw clenching. I felt a pang in my heart as I realised that if I did go with Tristan back to his pack, my father would be left alone. He would have no family left with him in the pack. I am the only one he's got.

I sighed, telling myself that one day this was going to happen anyway. When a she-wolf finds her Mate, it's expected that she must go and live with her Mate, wherever that may be. It was bound to happen to me considering my Mate wasn't in my pack, which means he belongs to another. 

Stop it, I scolded myself. It was going to happen anyway. 

"He's my Mate", I quickly explained, feeling the need to make my father and Alpha Mike understand why I needed to go. "It wouldn't make sense for me not to go. Mates aren't supposed to be apart". Silence filled the room, my fathers heavy breathing was the only thing we could hear. I watched my father for his reaction. I knew deep down he would never keep me from being with my Mate. I was eighteen anyway so he really didn't have any control.