Chapter 14

I apologise in advance if there are any errors xx

-----------------

Thump. Thump. Thump.

The heavy vibration of thundering paws hitting hard land filled my ears. My breath came out quick and heavy, the aftermath of running for so long wearing at my bones.

Tristan and I had only been running for a few hours and I knew that we weren't too far off from The Boundary Line. My stomach squirmed with unease as I thought about it. I still couldn't wrap my head around the power it held, but more so of the significance of it. The history of it, was still unknown to me.

The rain had thankfully subsided now to a light drizzle. Taking a little peek to my left, my eyes landed on the remarkable black wolf that simply towered over my own. Strong long legs stretched out in front of my mate as he gracefully powered through the forest. I knew for a fact that Tristan wasn't running his usual speed and that he was slowing down for my sake. I mean of course an Alpha with the likes of Tristan would just fly through the forest.

I huffed and looked in front of me briefly before once again glancing back at the beast beside me. He really is beautiful isn't he? I asked myself as I eyed the large muscles in Tristan's legs that contracted deliciously with every stride. My wolf growled softly in appreciation, loving the way he reeked of musculanity.

Suddenly, as if sensing my gaze, Tristan swiftly turned his large black head to me. My eyes connected with his and my skin underneath the thick coat of fur prickled with heat. Looking at Tristan while he was in wolf form, was a sight I haven't seen often before and I was honestly so intrigued by the creature that lived within Tristan.

The Alpha beside me looked back in front of him, but not before I caught a glimpse of the primal beast that was lingering in the dark depths of the eyes that are now secretly my favourite thing to look at. I sped up before leaping over a fallen down tree, mud and soggy dead leaves flicked up behind me as I continued towards my new home. The thought of having to call somewhere home that was completely unfamiliar to me was strange.

I glanced around at my surroundings, taking in the misty form of the rain that fell lightly to the ground. With the rain, chirping birds and sun strips leaking through the trees, it gave off an almost mythical majestic feel. However with the evil creatures that lurked, I knew it was a poor sense of my imagination.

Suddenly, a sickly feeling washed over me. I stumbled slightly as the feeling increased every with every step I took closer to The Boundary Line. I saw Tristan glance at me but I kept my face forward, acting as if I was fine and I wasn't bothered by the painful prickly feeling that now consumed my whole body. I growled quietly under my breath and continued towards the simple yet powerful line.

Either Tristan didn't feel anything or was ignoring the strange sensation as his massive paws thundered effortlessly across the soft earth. He looked so at ease, so calm that I couldn't help but admire him.

After running for a few more minutes, I knew we had finally reached it. I slowed right down until I was walking gingerly towards the line. I examined it, frowning as it looked exactly like it had the last time I saw it; plain, simple and untouched. I stared at it, not quite being able to wrap my head around the fact that it looked like a ordinary harmless line that seemed as if someone had dragged a large stick through the dirt.

I turned to Tristan who walked up beside me, his damp black fur brushing against mine. My eyes found his and I felt a strange sense of nervousness glancing into the eyes of Tristan's wolf. His eyes shifted between brown and black as he looked down at me.

Nodding his head in the direction of the line, he beakoned me to go. I swallowed the lump in my throat and looked back at the line. I didn't know why I was so nervous. I've done this before so why didn't I find it easier this time?