~Chapter 7~

Y/n groaned heavily as she followed Leon towards the door the woman had walked through, a green light above it.

Metal bars surrounded the area, the jail cells. Y/n grabbed Leon's sleeve, "This place makes me uncomfortable..." She muttered, "Y/n we can't let her get away" he turned to her, "she knows something about all this" Leon said giving her a sad look.

"Look, do you want to wait outside?" Leon gave her a soft look which she smiled softly, "No... what if something happens" Y/n huffed and shook her head, "I'll be fine!" she half-smiled. Leon sighed softly.

He gripped hold of her hand, "how about we walk around like this..." Leon spoke hesitantly, but in a caring tone, Y/n smiled softly, "Okay..." Y/n's cheeks dusted a light pink as they walked through the first door to the left.

"Just a map and ammo it seems" Leon commented handing Y/n the ammo so he could grab the map with the one hand. "We need a key card, to get through that gate..." Leon explained while stuffing the map in his pocket.

"some cops body around here should have one on them?" Y/n spoke in a soft voice bringing up the idea, "hm, maybe, but I highly doubt it" Leon explained before leading them out of that room and heading to the next.

A cop laid down on the floor, a zombie, "is it dead?" Y/n cringed squeezing Leon's hand, "God I hope so," He said stepping over the body and entering a long hallway of jail cells. Banging and groaning filled the air, as zombies inside cages grew wild.

"Should we shoot them?" Y/n looked up at Leon who shook his head, "As long as they don't escape, they are of no threat, don't waste your ammo" Leon pulled Y/n along, past the furious zombies.

"Where'd she go..." Leon muttered angrily before sighing. Y/n pulled him back before he continued, to show him a lever, "what's it do?" Leon asked raising a brow, which made Y/n shrug, "Let's see!" Y/n giggled pulling it down...

To nothing.

The lever switched back up, nothing happened, "Power or something is out within it" Leon sighed, "Let's continue then!" Y/n smiled this time leading the way to the other places they haven't been.

"Dead end" Y/n pouted not noticing the living being inside the cage. "Hello?!" a loud voice interrupted her, "hey" Leon responded pulling Y/n towards the jail cell. "I don't believe it. Real humans!" he sounded a little sarcastic mixed with shock as he laughed and approached the bars.

"Hello, human" he spoke almost cheerful placing his hands on the bars cooly. "You been here long?" Leon started with his questions, "Long enough" the man laughed "Are we the last ones alive?" he gestured to Leon and Y/n.

"No, no, there's a few of us" Y/n spoke up, "Oh... that's good news I guess" the man spoke awkwardly "Unless of course, Irons sent you" he murmured, "Irons...? Do you mean Chief Irons? Is he still around?" Leon raised a brow.

"Who cares. Hopefully, he's somebodies dinner by now," He didn't seem fond of him at all, "What do you mean by that?" Leon spoke. Dear, you ask too many questions.

"He's the bastard that locked me in here" the man growled uneasily towards Leon, "I-I'm sure he had a good reason!" Y/n gave an awkward smile trying to lighten the mood,

"He did" the man nodded almost mockingly and grabbed his cigarette and threw it to the side of the cell, "I was about to blow the whistle on his dirty ass" he explained

"I'd have done the same thing too, I guess" he seemed annoyed now. A loud creaking caught everyone's attention, making Y/n squeeze Leon's hand tighter as she bit her lip. There were heavy footsteps heard as well before the man quickly spoke again.