~Chapter 9~

"Problem 2 solved!" Y/n shouted before instinctively throwing a flashbang which did nothing, "too early Y/n" Leon shouted grabbing her arm and running out, "stay here, I'll loop him and we get out of here" he pushed her to the left of the door while he ran out to the open area on the right.

The big human? thing? It ducked under the doorway and headed toward Leon, completely ignoring Y/n, but as he went to make a run for it, he was grabbed by the waist and thrown back down, "Leon!" Y/n screamed out, but he quickly jumped up avoiding the wind being knocked out of him and ran past the big guy, making sure to keep his distance between them.

"Let's go" Leon spoke weakly, making sure she was behind him, Y/n and Leon ran back past the art room downstairs this time, to see what the locked door may hold. Although the constant, heavy footsteps did not help Y/n's nerves at all.

Eventually, the footsteps subsided, "think we lost him?" Y/n spoke softly, Leon shook his head slightly, "for now, I'm sure he'll be back" he put his two pieces in while Y/n inserted the clover key into the lock.

"You think, maybe that was the thing in the jail cell?" her voice was soft not really wanting to mention what happened, "you might actually be right" Leon sadly agreed, which did not boost Y/n's confidence. 

"That means he could've crushed you!" she looked at Leon who looked back at her, "I'm fine aren't I?" he sighed, "barely!" she growled before continuing to explore the room and ignore his other arguments.

she jumped through the window and scoped around, grabbing some ammo, she turned to see Leon trying to climb over, "Hey, hey no, back to your side" she slightly pushed him away, "move your ass so I can get back in" which he did, "nothing in their anyway, just some handgun ammo" she spoke chucking Leon the box. 

She picked up the oddly placed box and observed it with a keen eye, pulling out the bright red jewel from earlier in the journey, "what if it gets stuck cause it doesn't fit" Leon said grabbing her hand, "a risk I'm willing to take" she looked seriously at him before putting the perfectly fitting red jewel into the odd space of the box, which opened to a badge thing. 

Y/n placed the box down and observed the badge, "a badge? that's what someone was hiding" Leon seemed almost amused. 

Y/n admired it while Leon continued in search of anything else, he overlooked the body beside her before she gasped.

"Not just a badge" Y/n's eyes lit up as she found the switch, "possibly our way into that armoury" she spoke observing the newly found USB. 

"You sure?" he looked over her shoulder, "I'm sure, it says S.T.A.R.S right here doesn't it? it has to be!" She seemed so happy, "with you by my side, I'm gaining hope almost every 10 minutes!" she jumped up and down slightly "of course, I lost a lot of it when that thing showed up, but that's beside the point" Y/n smiled at Leon. 

"Although I didn't know you before today, and honestly didn't trust you at first, I'm glad to be wandering this fucked up place with you" Y/n wore a general, warm and appreciative smile on her face. 

He lightly smiled, "I wish we'd met some other way though" he laughed softly, "hm good point, but I don't see much police" Y/n shrugged, "I'm quite innocent in those regards" she gave a playful glance before going to leave the room. 

"Once we're out of this station... I hope to see you again" she spoke softly before exiting the room, "what do you mean?" Leon spoke catching up to her, "you know, outside of this panicking situation, in the outside world, outside of this station, at a later date" Y/n explained. 

"A date?" Leon raised a brow but couldn't help the smile growing on his face, "n-no! Not what I meant! A later time and place" Y/n looked away from his curious gaze avoiding anymore taunting. "That's not what it sounded like to me, it sounded as if you were asking me on a date" Leon kept his teasing tone, gaining the reaction he wanted from her.