Toxic

Amara

It's been a few months since everything happened and me and Ryder had decided to move in together. He promised me that he would stop doing all that dangerous stuff, even though I told him that I don't want to pressure him into doing that. I did appreciate what he did for me, it made feel more comfortable because deep down, I didn't feel okay with the fact that he was involved in illegal business.

We found an apartment somewhere new. Ryder said he wanted a fresh start because a lot of people from his dangerous "past" knew where he lived. Today we were finally moving in together.

"It seems kind of empty" Ryder said, "How about we go get decorations?"

"Maybe tomorrow, I'm tired" and sat on the couch. We had some furniture but it did seem pretty empty. I didn't mind though. It didn't matter to me at all.

"Come here" He said after sitting down beside me and patted his lap.

I smiled and sat on his lap melting into his arms.

"How do you feel?" He asked.

"This is new to me, you know?" I said looking up at him.

"Amara you were about to get married a few months ago"

I rolled my eyes, "This has nothing to do with that"

"How so?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"Well first of all, I actually want to be with you" I started as I moved my arms around his neck and played with the back of his hair and felt his whole body relax.

"I have never been so glad to kidnap a girl before" He said with a smirk.

"You have kidnapped other girls!?" I asked not believing my own ears.

I wasn't jealous, I was just worried for the girls.

He let out a deep chuckle and kissed my cheek lingering there for a few seconds, "Of course not. I didn't care enough to do that"

"Yeah, now we're together all thanks to your jealousy"

"I didn't know it was jealousy at that time and also it wasn't just jealousy" He said as his fingers brushed through my hair, "I didn't want you to marry someone you didn't want. I didn't want you to be unhappy"

"How did you know I didn't want Jason?" I asked.

Jason was a good guy and I was glad he was okay now. He was in another city and had started a new life.

"Because only I can make you happy, stupid" He smirked.

That's so toxic I love it.

"Don't call me stupid-"

He interrupted me by holding my face and putting his lips on mine. I tried to move away, but he wouldn't let me, deep down I didn't wanted him to either and eventually, I just accepted it and kissed him back.

He slightly pulled away but our lips were still brushing against each other.

"You thought I'd let someone else have my girl? I was and still am too attached to you to ever see you with any other guy"

"Even after so many years of being away from me?"

He sighed and leaned his forehead on mine, "I missed you like crazy every second of the day, Amara. I had to keep myself from coming back every four hours the first months"

I smiled lightly at his words. I never thought about how it must have been for him. All these years I thought that he didn't even think of me once. I thought I meant nothing to him at that point.