Wedding Day

Amara

If you have any siblings you must be familiar with that line your mom always tells you when your sibling is annoying you.

Ignore it and it will go away.

However they never tell you that this sentence does not apply to being kidnapped by a potential murderer.

Now let me rewind time for a bit.

Preparations for a wedding was no joke, even if the wedding is basically all a lie.

Jason's parents wanted a big, extra wedding with everyone invited including the press. I didn't know if I could deal with that, but I would have to.

Today was the wedding day. My wedding day. The day that almost all girls wait for eagerly, but I dreaded that day. I woke up in a bad mood and all I wanted to do was go back to sleep, but obviously that couldn't happen.

Jason's parents had hired makeup artists and hairdressers for us and they were getting us ready, us being my mom, my future mother in law and Jason's sisters. Oh, and me.

My wedding gown was seriously larger than life. It took up a lot of space and it was the definition of extra. Normally, I would have loved that but this was too much.

I looked at myself in the mirror. I liked what I saw and I felt bad that I was getting ready for a wedding I didn't even want, but it was my decision and I had to stick up for it.

The makeup was natural, even though I usually like the extra look, but it brought out my characteristics. It made my eyes appear brighter and my lips appear more pigmented. My dark brown hair, which was now curled, fell down to my waist and for the first time I liked my hair.

"Sweetheart, you're so gorgeous" My future mother in law told me looking me up and down.

Honestly I felt bad because she was a really nice woman and she thought I loved her son.

"Thank you Mrs Scott" I said politely.

"Honey, just call me mother" She said with a sweet smile before walking away.

Next up to talk to me was my own mother.

"You still have time to back out" She whispered.

"Mom, accept the fact that I'm getting married.

"I'm sorry but I can't see you ruin your life. You look so beautiful and this isn't even real. I never imagined my daughter's wedding like this" She said getting emotional.

"Mom, don't worry. It will all be okay" I smiled at her and put a hand on her shoulder reassuringly.

"You're an angel" She said, "And that sometimes may not be a good thing. Don't let people take advantage of you and walk all over you" She said before looking down, "Even though I can't prevent it now"

A thought crossed my mind.

"Mom, you invited the Kingstons, right?" I asked.

"Well yes, they're our neighbors and family friends"

"Did you invite him too?" I asked as a thousand memories came flooding back

"I couldn't do otherwise sweetie. His parents insisted, I'm sorry" she said. She seemed to be feeling guilty.

"It's okay. I don't think he'll come anyway" I chuckled hoping he wouldn't.

"Everyone ready?" Mrs Scott asked excitedly.

We all nodded. It was time, time to face the music.

I had a private driver drive me to the church so they walked me to the car where the driver was waiting. I got in the back seat since the wedding gown was too big to fit in the passenger's seat.