Seventeen-Two

Turner was very happy at the moment. His life couldn’t have been better and he owed it all to the drug. A little over two and half years earlier, Turner had gotten a mysterious e-mail from a very reclusive establishment called GeNaeric Incorporation about a product they knew would interest him. They came to Turner, a small town leader of an unknown werewolf pack, specifically looking forward to the fact that he would be interested in backing the product with all the major packs of the world. They stated in the e-mail correspondences that the product was “engineered for wolves, specifically in the hopes that it would grant the werewolf species optimal chances of prolonged supremacy.” They told him that it would provide for him the ultimate pack, a united front against any and all adversaries. It would provide the unrelenting power that all alphas craved, an unquestioning eagerness to follow authority from the entire pack, if the product was administered.

Though wary, Turner was very much intrigued. A few well-placed questions here and there with other business contacts sold him on the validity of the newly found company. Still it wasn’t every day that some incorporation called to his attention a product to benefit the werewolf species. To his knowledge there had never been any precedents of such an event occurring, and that was what made it all the more appealing. As hesitant as he was concerning the group, Turner couldn’t deny that his curiosity was over ruling his common sense to tread as carefully as possible. However when it came to allaying his doubts concerning the product being introduced, the incorporation planted the idea that if this product were used Turner would have complete submission from his pack. And complete submission to his dominance was like a wet dream to Turner, so still, with reservation, he accepted their invitation.

He flew to a remote island and met with the lead developers and was shocked that they were humans. They came to him with a powerful allure that he couldn’t withstand. Being that they were scientist, impartiality to things was something that they were wont to do. They weren’t suppose to take sides, especially when it came to their species, yet they had. They were fascinated and amazed by the werewolf species, confessing that their product was their life’s work, a token of their allegiance to a species that was meant, by all means, to survive. Turner thought that Charles Darwin would roll in his grave if he knew that natural selection could be scientifically fabricated in a lab.

The developers presented the product- this break through gene therapy-as a supplement they labeled Jinx5. To Turner’s understanding, it was supposed to be like an augmentation for wolves; bringing out the strongest qualities of one.

The origins of its make up were kept hush-hush even to the alpha werewolf, which initially made Turner wary of it. Yet the developers were able to provide extensive research on the effects of such a supplement. Testimonials from a placebo group meant to interact with the test subjects were highly unusual in Turner’s estimation, but the developers were quite adamant that those testimonials were absolutely essential to understanding how the supplement worked in the quote “real world” unquote.

He himself witnessed what Jinx5 could do. He met a test subject before and after the usage and was astounded by its effectiveness. It was not to be confused with what the humans called steroids. Those organic cycloalkane compositions were no match for Jinx5. There was no physical change, only remarkable behavior alterations.

One dose lasted for forty-eight hours and was said to be virtually undetectable by lab technicians when left in the body for a mere twenty fours hours. Right away, he knew that the production team would be hearing more from him as he agreed for a few of his omegas to become apart of the field study. And the effects were more seductive than a bitch in heat.

The first phase of the supplement was the searing heat that coursed through the blood stream. It went from blistering hot to a comfortable warmth within five minutes. The test subject would begin to sweat and cool off as their bodies adjusted to the drug. The pupils would dilate during this period as well before they eyes seemed to glaze over and then become startlingly glassy. Some paranoia was common but not for all wolves.