Two

In every movie there was a bad guy. A guy that liked his job a little too much. He was too eager to attack. His plans too thought out. His ego too huge to consider that he could ever fail. He was the quintessential jackass, a baddie to the core. All the way through he was rotten. She often thought that if life inside of her town were ever to be a movie, then Noland Cleese would surely be that guy. He was the alpha’s brother and second in command. He had a future as one of the more ruthless betas of the Cleese Pack. He was an eighteen year old power house of aggression and brawn and brain. A deadly combination if there ever was one. He was immune to rules and to the law, not that he had a habit of breaking any. Though he surely didn’t volunteer at any soup kitchens in his spare time he seemed to be a model citizen.Some people liked to wonder if his brother weren’t grooming him to be the next alpha even though the Alpha and his wife had already begun having pups.

Physically his 6’8” hard-edged stature was intimidating to say the least. But his looks made some girls weep for wanting him. His brown hair hung carefully at his shoulders. His body was just a barrage of enticing plains of toned sinew and tissue. And his deep blue eyes looked like waters unseen by ordinary men, or so Danelia had heard.

Since the four different casts of wolf hierarchy were separated, not my force but by choice, betas and omegas being together rarely happened outside of school. Since high school was nothing but a separation of classes, this way of cohabitating seemed to work out just fine.Seeing as how Danelia was a few tens of pounds over weight, anything that was sports related was beyond her radar. She had never shared a lunch period with Noland nor did she share any classes with him. That was until this semester.

The line was impossibly long but Danelia still made herself stand and wait like everyone else. She was only there for a chicken sandwich and since her last class was last period, she was out of the door as soon as she had her sandwich. And maybe some fries too. By the smell of them they were going to be extra crispy and she had to remember to get some ketchup before she left. The line had moved some but she was still a long way away from the front. When she stepped out of the line to see just how much longer she would have to wait she felt this odd sensation in the middle of her chest. She rubbed at it and tried to turn her attention to the continuously growing line but she couldn’t. She felt something happening to her, something she had never experienced.

It wasn’t so much of a pull but a nagging urge that demanded her attention. She turned towards it, giving into it against her will and her breath left her body when her eyes landed on…

Oh Shit! She saw the words appear in her mind as if they were an actual tangible projection. Danelia’s heart sped up so fast that she was sure the wolves walking pass her could hear it. She closed her eyes to calm herself. She tried breathing but that only brought his scent to her attention and how yummy it smelled. She imagined herself picking up a load of his dirty laundry just so she could sniff his clothes. No, she thought to herself. With trying to drive out that image she pictured her most favorite place on Earth: her Uncle Arlo’s ranch. At sunrise it was the most serene place she had ever been to. Watching the dark sky turn from the deep blue to a sunlit canvas always made her thankful of the life she had. The sun’s rays reigning over the acres of green dew kissed grass always made whatever stress she had disappear for a little while.

She could picture the bales of hay, smell the cow manure from the neighboring farm, even. It wasn’t a smell she would have likened to pleasant memories but now when her heart was most panicked she needed everything to draw some solace from.

But I wasn’t enough. She opened her eyes just as he moved to get closer to her. She was still yet shielded from him behind the massive crowd, and thought to make a bee –line from the cafeteria to the nearest empty classroom. When she tried to move, she couldn’t. Her lupa wanted to get near him. She wanted to go up to him and tear his clothes from his body. She had seen him many times in gym without a shirt on. He had serious muscles. His body was a chiseled slab of taut muscle that begged to be touched. Her salivary glands went into over drive, making her mouth water something fierce. She took an unconscious step towards him and his crew of friends.