Eleven

“So you’ve been following me?” Danelia asked the girl, whose name turned out to be Vega of the Wouden Pack.

“Sorta. Alpha Reza suggested that I check into your claim of foul play and looks like he was right.

“Whoa, wait. When did he decide to ‘suggest’ you keep tabs on me?”

“Right after the car accident. He was going to prior to that, he was going to invite you back to his home for us to meet but he figured that if someone were following you then it was best that I follow them following you in secret rather than have you lead them to me and thus his involvement.”

“That’s one hell of a round about way of helping out,” Jhal commented.

Danelia rolled her eyes. “But why you?”

“I volunteered because of-”

“Me,” Arlo said as he entered the kitchen. His healing was going nicely but he still couldn’t move as well as he wanted to because of the bandaging.

“Hi Arlo. Its been a while,” Vega smiled.

“You two know each other?” Danelia asked a little grossed out.

“No,” Arlo snapped quickly.

“Yes,” Vega said giving Arlo a look. “Your uncle saved me and my mom’s life once. I just thought I’d return the favor.”

“Arlo…” Danelia turned to him for confirmation.

“I don’t wanna talk about it,” he said as he stomped off out of the kitchen.

Vega shook her head, “It was a long time ago. I won’t go against his wishes. But all I’ll say is that even if it wasn’t intentional, your uncle did save me and moms life no matter what he tells you.”

Danelia nodded her head in understanding, whatever happened was a story she was never going to hear the details about. With that she left the kitchen intent on getting a quick shower before the Alpha of the Wouden Pack showed up. As they had yet to take care of the body, Danelia still had to identify what pack he belonged to if indeed he had one and that’s where Alpha Reza and his betas came in.However, at the moment she just needed some peace. She made it all the way to her bed room door with Jhals heavy foot falling behind her.

She turned and stared up and at him, “What?”

“Are you going to explain what exactly happened?”

“Do I have to?”

“Yes. I deserve to know, especially before this Alpha Reza person shows up.”

“Fine. Werewolves exist,” Danelia said nonchalantly as she stepped into her room.

“Kinda figured that out when a wolf morphed into a fully grown buck nekkid woman.”

“Well good for you Deputy. Another mystery solved by your keen observation.”

Jhal raised an eyebrow and crossed his arms. “What’s going on? I’m-”

“Looking for answers I'm not at liberty to give,” Danelia exclaimed.

“Not at liberty? You work for the FBI?”

“If I did then I’d have clearance to threaten your livelihood Deputy,” she retorted.

“Danelia.” Jhal said.

“Oh so now I'm ‘Danelia.’ Just a few days ago I was ‘Ms. Phair’ who was and I quote ‘obstructing the law and possibly aiding and abetting the very man that’s trying do you harm’,” Danelia said while putting her hands up and making air quotation marks.