Ten

Alpha, My Alpha

After having received her stitches for the gash on her head, Danelia was given an otherwise clean bill of health and released from the hospital to go home. Only they had no intention on going back to the house.While Danelia was getting her stitches, Arlo stepped from the hospital room and made a call to the alpha of the nearest pack to see him about an urgent matter.

An hour and a half later Danelia and her uncle were at the gated community of the Wouden Pack. Arlo had some familiarity with them from his brief interaction with them. He told Danelia that they were a guarded yet peaceable pack. Whatever business anyone had with them was mete out with precise measured movements. ‘You got your business done and you left,’ he had said. Danelia decided that that’s exactly what she wanted. They left Beau-Mo in the van to guard it and entered the Alpha’s home.

Upon meeting the man. She was taken aback by his open face. He was older than Arlo but he still held himself like a man decades younger that his true age.

“Arlo, have you finally come to join?”

“Actually, no. I'm here with my niece,” Arlo said inclining his head towards Danelia.

“Hello, sir.”

Alpha Reza came to take Danelia’s hand in his. He inhaled her scent and his eyes snapped up to meet hers in shock.

“My dear! What has happened?” Alpha Reza demanded.

Daenlia blinked, stunned into her own temporary silence. “What… what do you mean?”

“Who is this faithless bastard that had caused you to give up what is so precious?”

Danelia gasped, “How did you know?” She turned an accusing glare to her uncle, her anger surpassing her shock. Her uncle non verbally plead his innocence then turned to the man. How could he know, she thought.

He answered her before she could voice her question, “My wolf, he senses your missing half. You must tell me. I will correct this error immediately!” Danelia could feel the anger in his words vibrating every syllable. “Who in my pack would dare do such a thing?” Alpha Reza shouted the last part.

She broke his gaze looking away then back at him. She didn’t even know this man and yet he felt the need to protect her. Whatever façade she had conned herself into believing apparently wasn’t working as well as she’d hoped.

“Sir, its no one here. Its my past and I want it to stay that way. I came here for another reason,” Danelia said looking to uncle for reassurance. When she got a nod from Arlo she went onto explain the near kidnapping that occurred.

“You fought off a full sized wolf?” Alpha Reza asked.

Danelia nodded her head.

As impressed as he was it still didn’t lessen the fact that a wolf had tried to kidnap her. “This wolf, tell me about him,” Alpha Reza asked.

“I can’t tell you much. He was much bigger than I was, obviously. And he… it seemed like he was only interested in getting me back to his van before doing anything to me.”

“Are you sure?” The alpha asked.

“Quite. I’ve had a lot of time to think this over.”

“I’m sure you have.”

“Its like he wanted to get me away from the area...”

“Into someone else’s hands, yes I see where you are going,” Reza finished for her. “So why come to me. Sure you can’t think that any of my pack would do this to you.”