Life Untitled

He didn't want to wake his priest, but time was something he knew they didn't have much of. He'd let him calm down and before he knew it, he was resting in his arms, Hanna snug between their chests. For a demon, the sentiment the entire situation showed was so far beyond what he ever thought possible for himself, but as he slowly began pressing soft kisses to his hair, Church knew that he wouldn't be able to go back to what he had been. The head demon of New York... the most feared creature to walk its streets.

Michael looked up at him dazedly, blinking his beautiful eyes in the darkness for only him to see.

I don't want it anymore. The title. The power.

Leaning forward, Church pressed their lips together, grinning smugly when Michael finally began to slowly move his against his, obviously trying to wake up more but still wanting the attention.

There's no more head demon left here. My priest has killed that part of me.

Pulling back slightly, he couldn't help but give him a devilish smirk when Michael blinked, confused as to where his lips had gone. He then began trying to sleepily lean closer in the darkness in order to find them again.

"I need to go, Michael."

It hurt to say the words, but he wasn't stupid. Church knew what was coming, and he knew that the dog was only a slight warning of that. While he'd hated the annoying furball, it had spunk, especially when it slept in his bed the first night after he even threatened it.

"Church?"

Michael's raspy, sleep-laden voice made Church's body want to react, but he refused to let it get far because of Hanna sleeping between them. Demons didn't really care if their children watched them do disturbing things, but... He looked down at Hanna, his little hands balled into fists against his chest as he slept peacefully. If anyone ever considered doing such things in front of his offspring he would castrate them.

Returning his attention to Michael, Church smile softly and gently began removing his arms from around his warm back. He whined quietly and tried to curl closer to him as he shifted Hanna into his free arm. It made Church immediately want to wrap his arms back around him, but he couldn't do that.

"Michael. I have to go. I'll find you guys a safe place and transfer my funds to your account. You need to take Hanna and forget ab—" his words were abruptly cut off when Michael shoved his mouth over his. Church waited him out until he finally needed to breathe, then continued as calmly as he could manage. "The demons attacked the dog to prove a point, and I know they're coming after me right now. It's only a matter of time."

He never thought that the day would come when he'd put two humans in front of his own agenda. Or hell, made them his agenda, but he wasn't going to let them get killed.

"Please, Michael."

He shook his head, soft hair brushing against the crook of his neck where he now nuzzled his face. Church heaved a tired sigh and gently ran his fingers through that soft hair.

"You would put Hanna in such danger just to stay with me?"

It was unfair to use that excuse, but he knew that he wouldn't risk that. He was the one who original picked up Hanna from the woods but he knew there was nothing Michael wouldn't do to be sure the kid was safe and happy. And, now he knew that Hanna would be okay with him. He could have a normal life. Grow up like a normal little human and enjoy life instead of having to deal with him going missing random nights or coming home covered in blood. Just those thoughts had him reassured that he was making the right decision.

"I'll take you both to a hotel and pay the bill for several nights. I'm sure the police have people at my apartment so I'll go get you guys food and clothes, then I'll be gone."