Questions that Need to be Answered

Jason POV

"Do we believe him?" Piper asked after Aurum was gone.

"No. Somethings's not right with them. They won't let us see their faces. We have no reason to trust them," I replied. I didn't trust any of the soldiers, much less their commander. Believing that they were here to help was not easy. They could easily be spies for the other side.

"Maybe we should ask them for more information at lunch. We need to be able to trust the warriors if they're helping. Also, the soldiers would feel the pressure of the camp if we all asked them questions." Hazel reasoned. She was the voice of reason in the rest of our gang. The daughter of Pluto had grown so much since coming back from the dead. She was more confident in her abilities and decisions. We all trusted her ideas, and so we agreed.

"Well, we should leave. Training's in a few minutes." Frank said, grabbing our things. We headed toward the arena, giving me time to think. Void was going to be the hardest thing we had ever fought. I felt in my heart there was going to be a lot of casualties. Again, I wished that Percy and Annabeth were here.

Years had passed, and yet sometimes I still turned to talk to him and realized that he was gone. Nico and I had gotten closer after his confrontation with Cupid, but also after Percy's death. We both missed him so much. We may have had our rivalries, but I lost a brother that day. I missed his inspirational speeches and sarcastic comments. When Leo had shown up, he had tried so hard to cheer us up. We all knew he was covering up the hole in our hearts.

Maybe it was because I was missing my friend, but I could see Storm being Percy. He loved the water, and his ship was named Annie for Annabeth. I shook my head, trying to dispel thoughts of hope in my mind.

"Hey, Chiron wants the camp leaders at the Big House," Clarisse interrupted as we passed by the cabins. There were more than 20 cabins now, and everybody had been claimed within three days of their arrival.

"Do you know why?" I asked.

"Do I look like I know why?" She shot back. We followed her as she headed for the Big House. When we got there, Chiron was in centaur form standing, next to the second in command, Demon. A brown-tailed hawk sat on her shoulder, watching us with a green stare.

"Good morning," she said, greeting the demigods. She was still wearing her mask and cloak, but it wasn't pulled together. You could see dark blue jeans and a green T-shirt underneath it. I glanced at the hawk and quickly looked away when it caught my gaze.

Demon caught the exchange. "This is Tsunami. She's Storm's bond mate, but she likes to watch over me."

At that moment, the other counselors arrived, which included the rest of the seven, Clarisse, the Stolls, Nico, and Rachel, who wasn't a camp counselor but had an important role anyway. The redhead had a shine in her eye like she knew something good was going to happen. Which was unlikely considering the Fates hated us. When everyone quieted down, Demon told us why we were being summoned.

"We need to talk about training for the campers and plans for the battle ahead. I need all my team present so the meeting will be in my cabin. Meet us there in 10? I have to round all of the team together," she explained.

I looked at the others. They nodded in agreement. "Will do," I said.

"See you then," she replied. 

Word Count: 624

Author's Note

This is a really short chapter, so sorry guys. So, I took the PSAT a couple of months ago and just got my results. I got a 1200. I was very disappointed in myself because I knew I could do better, but oh well. 

Question: What band did you listen to last?

I listened to Three Days Grace. Before that is was Badflower. There are such a good band, but very depressing.