Something Unsettling

Nico POV

I walked behind the soldiers, watching from the shadows. Something didn't sit right with me. Storm reminded me of someone, but I couldn't place it. The fact that they wore hoods didn't help at all.

Jason stopped in front of the Big House, where Chiron was sitting with Mr. D. He was currently in his wheelchair form.

"I heard that we had guests. My name is Chiron, the activities director here at Camp Half-Blood." He introduced himself, holding out his hand.

"We know who you are. I'm Storm." Demon smacked him upside the head.

"Don't be rude. I'm Demon, his first in command." She shook his hand. He looked surprised for a minute.

"So I understand that you will be helping in the fight against Void?"

"Yes. We don't have the specifics, but we are looking for any way to defeat him." She reasoned.

"Do you know where you'll be staying?" He asked.

"We'll be in the woods. I'll build a cabin for us." She said.

"Are you going to show your faces? The campers don't trust outsiders very well. We don't have our two best demigods here to help diffuse the tension." Chiron explained.

"We'll show our faces eventually. Some of us want to, but we have powerful enemies, and it wouldn't do you any good if they attacked the camp, knowing that we are here." Storm said. "If you don't mind me asking, who are your two demigods?"

Chiron's face darkened. The demigods here looked down as we thought about our past friends. Both of their deaths had carved a hole in everyone's hearts, especially me.

"Percy Jackson, the son of Poseidon, and Annabeth Chase, daughter of Athena. Percy passed away six years ago, and she followed a year later."

I saw Storm and Demon shift as Chiron spoke. Did they know about them? Did they know that they weren't in the Underworld? Something was up, and I was determined to find out the truth.

"Well, we're going to go and explore. We'll see you at dinner." Storm excused themselves, and they made for the trees. The demigods dispersed, headed to wherever they were needed. I hung back and waited for Will. He grabbed my hand, and we walked to the infirmary. I got lost in my head on our way.

I was just beginning to feel welcomed, by the camps and the campers, when Percy died. I had been with Will when a burning sensation appeared in my gut, bringing me to my knees. Will tried talking to me, but I ignored him and shadow-traveled to my father's palace.

I appeared just as Percy's soul formed in front of my father. He wasn't conscious yet. Falling to my knees the second time, I watched as Hades agreed that my cousin would be going to Elysium. He faded into smoke, and I traveled back to camp.

After I told Percy that I had liked him, he and I became close. He had still been confused as to why I had a crush on him, but he never asked me. He was like my big brother, even though I was way older than him. I had rarely come out of my cabin after he passed, but Will and the seven helped me some. The worst part was when Annabeth came back. She was worse than anybody else.

When Annabeth died, I was in school. I ran out of the classroom and traveled to the Underworld. The camp was still reeling from Percy's death, and we were hit by hers. Piper was affected the most. The two of them had become like sisters.

I was jolted out of the past when I ran into Will. He stumbled backward a little but caught himself on the door frame of the infirmary.

"Got your head in the clouds, Sunshine?" He teased.

"Don't call me sunshine. And something like that." I responded.

"Well, come on. There's work to be done." He pulled me inside and we got to work.

Word Count: 671

Author's Note

I am so excited for Thanksgiving break! Even though we won't have a big get together with the family because of COVID, there is still the whole week off of school. Also, this means I won't be on Wattpad for the week because no laptop over break. Sorry guys. 

My mom's off of work too, since she works for the school, so Bones binge watching here we go. Do any of you guys watch Bones? I love the show and I think we're on the third season. Comment on what you guys like to binge watch.