A Trip Back

Storm POV

4,000 Chaos/4 Earth Years Later-6 in Total From Percy's Death

      "Sir, Chaos is requesting that you join him in the throne room." A voice said through the door. I groaned. "Tell him I'll be there in a minute." 

"Yes, sir." Footsteps faded down the hall.

"Come on, Seaweed Brain. It's a new day." Annabeth threw the covers off her side of the bed, letting the cold air hit my chest. There hadn't been a day when we had been apart. I knew that I couldn't live without her.

"Do I have to?" I whined.

"Yes. Come on." She tugged at the sheets, and I tumbled out of bed. I was content to stay on the floor, but she was right. 

Locating my clothes, I swiftly changed and followed my Wise Girl towards the throne room, holding her hand along the way. Annabeth and I had gotten married a few years after she arrived at no one's surprise. It had been small, and it was perfect, except for the fact that our old friends weren't there. I was happy to spend the rest of my life with her.

Fur brushed along my leg, interrupting my thoughts. Tsunami stepped in front of me and blocked my path. She was in the form of a black cat, one of her regulars. I scooped her up and set her on my shoulder, one of her favorite places to rest. I had found her when I got stranded in space. I crash-landed, but when I got there, the planet was in turmoil. I quickly discovered the problem and got her in return. There was a painfully low amount of her kind left, so it was an honor when she chose to bond with me.

We reached the throne room without any disturbances, to find the squad already there. They were all in their respective chairs, waiting for Chaos to give us orders.

"There's some good and bad news." Chaos said, stepping into the room. He was wearing the same outfit I first saw him in. He looked more exhausted as he explained our situation.

"We have finally gotten a lead as to where my brother will be attacking. Good news, you're going to Earth! Bad news, you like Earth, and you can't show your faces. Void has also found a vessel, so there's that too."

"Why can't we show our faces?" Bianca asked. I know she wanted to see her brother again and tell him that she was, in fact, alive.

"Well, you probably could, but Luke, Percy, Annabeth? Dangerous people with targets on their backs. The five of you cannot reveal yourselves on purpose. It would be too compromising." He said, including my brothers.

"I need you to swear that you won't." He prodded.

"We swear on the River Styx that we will not reveal ourselves on purpose without permission." We said without hesitation. I would do anything to keep camp safe, including taking an oath that said I couldn't show my face.

Chaos visibly relaxed. "Good. Well, get ready. We're headed for Mt. Olympus. Let's go."

Word Count: 515 

Author's Note

Sorry, guys about it being so late. School's been busy right now. This one is short, but next chapter will be  a new POV. Anyone ready for Christmas? There are so many packages showing up at my house right now. I also want to give a shout out to Inlustria. Thank you for reading this and voting. I didn't think anyone would read it. Please give me some comments. I want to know what you guys think.