🎄Chapter 10: 🎶Seasons Change🎶🎄

🎄
Chapter 10: 🎶Seasons Change🎶
🎄

*Annabelle's POV*

The Peter Pan play went off without a hitch! Although, yet again, I played the piano for it. Fortunately, I was behind the curtain because the drama club needed room for Captain Hook's ship.

I spoke to Bernard to give him a little update on the situation with dad. We've keeping to the 'secret mission' as Bernard and Luke call it, sticking to the once a month contact with them.

I shook the snow globe he gave to me for Christmas and pictured him being here with me.

I waited for a few minutes, but he wasn't here. He didn't magically pop up like I expected him to.

I heard a knock on the front door. Dads at work, so I had to answer it. Thinking it was Holly, I started talking about what Christmas movie we'll watch this time.

"So, I was thinking maybe we'll watch A Christmas Carol. You know, just because dads been a bit of a Scrooge every time I try to bring up the whole Santa thing." I said as I opened the door.

"Things are really that bad, huh?"

Wait a sec...that wasn't Holly's voice...that sounded too deep to be Holly.
.
.
.
.
"Bernard, you're here?!" I yelled in surprise.

He chuckled in amusement. "In the flesh! After all, you did shake the snow globe, didn't you?"

I laughed nervously. "Right." I took a pause for a moment. "Uh....oh, yeah, sorry, come in." I moved to the side and opened the door wider for him.

He casually walked in and hung his coat up. I looked at him a little confused. "You're wearing a coat? In the middle of July?"

Bernard looked at me unfazed. "And you're not?"

I shook my head, then I realised he's used to wearing warm clothing. "Of course, you live in a completely different climate."

I took a seat on the couch. "Wish I could live somewhere cold with snow covering the ground, like the North Pole."

Bernard took a seat next to me. "Then, why don't you?"

This took me by surprise. It suddenly dawned on me that since my dad is Santa Claus, or at least will be if he chooses to accept it, he'll be living it up in the North Pole....

But then where does that leave me?

I shook my head. "It's kind of a sticky situation. I live with him, I'm 16 years old, and I have have least one more year left of high school until I graduate. As much as I'd love to drop everything and stay at the North Pole with dad-"

"You can't abandon everything just like that, I know. There's always a plan B though."

I looked at Bernard a little confused. "What's plan B?"

Bernard turned his body around fully to face me. "How about we make a deal instead?"

I chuckled. "A deal with an elf, huh? You don't see that everyday."

Bernard rolled his eyes. "Ha, ha, very funny."

I grinned. "Can't blame a girl for trying."

Bernard cleared his throat, his face looks bright red. Oh no, does he have a cold?
"Are you feeling alright, B?" I asked as I placed a hand on his forehead to check his temperature. "Well, you feel normal..."