🎄Final Chapter: 🎶When Christmas Comes To Town🎶🎄

🎄
Final Chapter:
🎶When Christmas Comes To Town🎶🎄

*Annabelle's POV*

I grabbed Hope's hand and followed Neil out of the house. When he couldn't see Bernard or Luke, he went back in, but Holly, Hope and I didn't. When we stood outside, the police had turned up in their cars, flashing their blue and red lights.

Everyone from the neighbourhood, children, adults...heck, even a dog or two, had come to see dad probably get arrested again. The police got out of their cars and surrounded the house, aiming guns.

The man who was the head of the investigation faced the huge crowd of people and waved his arms around, getting them to move further back. "Okay, stand back, folks. Give us some room."

I heard Holly gulp nervously. "This is really bad! What do we do?"

I looked at her and smirked. "It's time for the final part of what I call Operation: Believe, and I've got just the perfect plan in mind."

I let go of Hope and crouched down to her level. "Hey, could you do me a really big favour and stay here with Elizabeth for me? There's something I have to do."

I could see tears forming at the corner of her eyes, looking at me in sadness. I hate to see her, as well as everyone else, look so sad. "Will you be back?"

I gave her a warm smile. "You can count on it. In fact, you can watch for yourself, but keep it a secret, okay?"

She nodded her head with her lips now turning into a small smile. "Okay." I placed a kiss at the top of her head and ruffled her hair, then watched her run back inside. I grabbed Holly's arm and sneaked our way around our family without them noticing.

We hid behind one of the police cars so no one could see us. Holly looked at me in curiosity. "So, what is this plan of yours exactly? And will it get us arrested along with your dad, too?"

"First of all, we won't get sent down for this...it's not like we're gonna be murdering somebody. Secondly, there's no way dad will be arrested again. Trust me, what we're about to do is absolutely, positively, harmless." I reassured her.

She folded her arms and raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure about that? What if this plan of yours doesn't turn out the way you wanted it to? Who's to say it won't work?"

I sighed and placed a hand on her shoulder, looking at her in the eyes with all seriousness. I spoke to her, quoting what Bernard said to Charlie earlier. "Hols, have I ever steered you wrong?"

Holly thought for a moment before shaking her head. "No, never."

I dropped my hand from her shoulder and sent a smile her way. "Then trust me. I promise you, nothing will go wrong. Even if it does, there's no way I'd let you get sent down over something that was all my fault to begin with, since I came up with the idea in the first place. So you've got nothing to worry about, okay?"

She hesitated, letting my words sink in. She breathed in and out, then looked at me with her face full of determination. "Alright. Now, what's the plan?"