🎄Chapter 06: 🎶Once Upon A December🎶🎄

🎄
Chapter 06: 🎶Once Upon A December🎶
🎄

*Holly's POV*

"I estimate Bell will be here in 3
.
.
.
2
.
.
.
1."

I opened the front door to be greeted with Bell's fist in the air, about to knock on it. "Woman, you have got to stop doing that. It's like you have psychic powers or something."

I chuckled and opened the door wider so she could walk in. "Just shut up and bring your royal highness inside."

"Thanks. If I stood out there any longer, I'm pretty sure Jack Frost would probably freeze me to death." Bell said as she rubbed her hands to keep warm as she walked in.

I closed the door as Bell removed her coat, boots, hat, scarf, and gloves, then we made our way down the hallway and into the living room.

Roxy and Elle looked at us and ran over to jump on Bell.

Well, Roxy did, almost knocking Bell over.

Elle however, walked casually. I knew she was fighting the urge to run and hug her though, but she stayed calm walked over to her instead before giving her a hug.

"Bell!" They yelled at the same time.

Roxanne, or Roxy as she prefers to be called, has hazel eyes, freckles, and red hair in a braid that sits on her left shoulder. She's here because her dad walked out on her and her mother when she was younger, and her mother couldn't afford to look after her so dropped her off here to be looked after.

At first, you'd feel sorry for the mom, until she called the orphanage to 'check up on her', when really, it turns out, she ended up marrying a rich man and moved away with him and never came to take her back. Roxy was 2 years old at the time, and now she's 8.

Eleanor, or Elle for short, has light brown hair and brown eyes. She's here because her parents went to prison for countless of robberies. The authorities brought her here because she has no aunts and uncles, and her grandparents wanted nothing to do with her parents, including Elle herself, which was completely unfair if you ask me. She was 7 years old at the time, and now she's 13.

Bell embraced them in a warm hug. "Roxy, Elle, it's good to see you again."

Bell and I walked into the kitchen and saw Elizabeth making dinner. "Merry Christmas, Miss Clementine."

Elizabeth turned around and pulled Bell into a hug. "Merry Christmas Annabelle, how've you been? I heard you've now moved in officially with your dad. Also, stop being too formal with me, I've known you since the day you were born. Call me Elizabeth."

Bell returned the hug gratefully. "I'm doing just fine. Yeah, mom said I could move in if I wanted to once I turned 16. Plus, I'm only a few blocks away from the orphanage now, so I can spend more time with everyone."

Elizabeth released the hug and smiled warmly. "The children were so happy to hear the news as soon as Holly told them. Honestly, they think of you as an older sister as much as Holly is to them. They absolutely adore the two of you."

I nodded in agreement. "That may be true, but I'm sure you and I can agree that Hope thinks of her as more of a mother than a big sister figure. I don't blame her for thinking that, to be honest. You've always given off somewhat of a motherly vibe, you know? Makes me feel more like an aunt instead of a sister."