🎄Chapter 02: 🎶Gloria (Angels We Have Heard On High)🎶🎄

🎄
Chapter 02: 🎶Gloria (Angels We Have Heard On High)🎶
🎄

*Annabelle's POV*

I was upstairs unpacking my clothes and things from my bags and suitcase and started putting them away, when there was a knock on my bedroom door.

"Knock knock Jingle Bell, your best friend in the whole wide world, sister before the mister...even though there isn't a mister, etc. etc. is here to brighten up your evening!"

I opened the door and came face to face with the person the voice belonged to.

"Holly!" I yelled happily as I engulfed her in a hug.

She hugged me back, laughing loudly. "Hey, calm down, woman! We only saw each other just the other day. You make it seem like we haven't seen each other in forever."

I let go and playfully glared at her. "That's because it feels like forever. Now, be a dear and help your best friend finish unpacking. Dad should almost be done with cooking the turkey...hopefully..."

She bowed mockingly. "Your wish is my command, birthday girl." We looked at each other and randomly started bursting out laughing before I went back to unpacking my things with the help of Holly.

We started making bets about dads cooking. "$10 says your dad will burn the entire turkey again this year and it catches fire, then we'd have to go to a local diner."

I raised an eyebrow. "Make it $10 plus cleaning the dishes at the orphanage and put the children to bed on your own, for an entire week."

We shook each other hands. "Deal." Holly said smirking.

It was silent for a couple of minutes as we went back to unpacking my things, till I decided to break the silence by humming a tune, then the lyrics just started flowing out.

🎶Angels we have heard on high
Sweetly singing o're the plains.🎶

I heard Holly join in while I just finished putting my things away on one side of my room.

🎶And the mountains in reply
Echoing their joyous strains.🎶

Then we sang together once she finished putting things away on the other side of the room.

🎶Gloria ~ In Excelsis deo.
Gloria ~ In Excelsis deo.🎶

We couldn't carry on singing because we were interrupted by Charlie knocking on the door. "Annabelle, Holly, dad told me to tell you he wants us to sit around the table because dinner will be ready soon."

"Okay, we'll be right there!" I called out to him, then heard his footsteps run down the stairs.

Holly chuckled and shook her head. "I had a feeling you would randomly start singing that particular Christmas song, it was always our favourite, wasn't it?"

I had a wide grin on my face. "Always! How could I forget? We would sing that song every year to Ms. Clementine and the children at the orphanage. We'd make our own little concert out of it. Anyway, let's get going, I wanna see if I won our bet or not."