Meanwhile in Republic City

It was early in the morning and Mako was getting prepared for work. His arm hasn't healed yet, but he couldn't stay too much away from work. Suddenly, someone knocked at the door. ' Who might it be '- he wondered, hoping that it was some of the girls who, he haven't seen since the wedding.
"I'm coming"- he shouted. But when he opened the door, he found Bolin. It wasn't that he didn't like his brother but, he really expected it was Korra or Asami asking for his arm state.

"Bro I need your help is urgent!"-exclaimed Bolin as soon as Mako opened the door.
"What's the matter?"- wondered Mako scared.
"I'm working on a new film about detectives, and I need your help to show me how you do it".
"Oh, it was just that"- sighted Mako releived- " Maybe you can help me since my arm isn't well".
"Yeah that's what I'm talking about!, You're the best brother, thank you!"- said Bolin hugging his brother.
"Haha, no problem bro. But let's go we can't waist time no more".

While Bolin was riding the car towards the Police Station, he couldn't help noticing that something was wrong with his brother, so he asked -"What's the matter Mako? You are always happy when you go to work".
"Yeah, but I'm worried about the girls, have you seen them?"
"No, but if you want I can drive you to Asami's house at the end of the day".
"That sounds nice, thanks bro"- smiled faintly Mako, who was actually hoping to have a second chance with one of the girls, even after all what happened between them he still had hope.

Finally, they arrived at the Station and soon after entering the building, they found the Cheif Bei Fong, who was trying to call Tenzin from her office. When she saw Mako she hanged up and roared -" What the heck are you doing here, your arm hasn't healed yet!".
"I know, but its my duty to be here. Besides, I took Bolin to help me"- exclaimed Mako hoping that his boss will let him stay.
"That good for nothing!? He couldn't help even if he wanted, go home and don't come back until you fully recover from it".
"I'm right here ma'am"- said Bolin a little sad.
"But I need this!"- complained Mako.
"No you don't. Its dangerous if you are not in good conditions, believe me I have tried to fight myself, I didn't end up well".
"Fine! I will be here next week, lets go to Asami's house, Bolin".

But when the brothers were leaving the room, Lin remembered Korra and said- "Wait!".
"Can we stay?!"- said Bolin with excitement.
"NO! But you won't find the girls there".
"What? Why?! Where are they?"- asked Mako impatiently worried.
"They went on a vacation to the Spiritual world for some days, just the two of them".
"Oh, maybe we should go check on them"- said Mako excited.
"I don't think that is a good idea"- said Bolin.
"Yes, they sound as if they wanted to be alone for some time"- Lin agreed to Bolin.
"Ok fine"- said Mako a little pissed-"Let's go to my apartment, maybe I can teach you from old cases".
"That will help"- said Bolin.

Lin didn't understood what were they talking about, but as they were leaving she finally could talk to Tenzin about Korra, in peace. Who actually thought that it would be a good idea for Korra to rest.
---------------------------------------
01/28/15
I wanted to do it shorter but I got carried away with Lin's temperament and Mako's stubborn attitude.