Chapter 4: So Close To Breaking, Yet So Far

Yesh, update time! America! Sorry, I’m patriotic, deal with it! Anyway, I think it’s been a while since I updated, so here I am to make it up to those of you who have been waiting for me to update. I hope you like my chapter, and people, please comment! It would be so nice, to get some recognition once in a while. Anyway please enjoy! Oh, hey also guys, please go check out keatonkb, who is this amazing writer, and he's writing this bromance and it's really good, and I was just wondering if you guys could go check it out for me. I'm sure he'd appreciate it. Thanks.

 ~Katie

 ~Kacey’s P.O.V~

 “Hello Mrs. Horan.”

 Why is she here?

 “Kacey, do you know that Niall got into a fight today?” Mrs. Horan asked.

 “Yes ma’am.” I said, trying to be respectful.

 I honestly have no idea why she would be here. Does she think I’m friends with Niall? I mean he’s not such a bad guy, but I tend to remember first impressions, and Niall’s with me was not very good, and I’m not the kind of person to give second chances. It’s not my fault that Niall screwed up his one chance. He should have thought before he acted, and now I’ve completely missed what his mother just said, great. How is it that ten minutes can pass by and I’m barely saying anything?

 “Would you Kacey? It’d mean a lot.” Mrs. Horan said.

 I’m fucked, I’m totally fucked. What should I do? Just nod and smile, that should work right? No wait, don’t do that, you’ll look like an idiot, just say yes, and maybe she’ll go away.

 “Yes, if you’d like me to?” I tried to say it as a statement, but it came out as more of a question.

 “Oh, thank you so much Kacey. He’s at home on the couch. Just tell him I’ve gone to pick up his brother from the airport, and that I’ll be back soon, okay? You won’t be there long.” Mrs. Horan said putting her phone back into her pocket, which I just now realized she had out.

 Okay, so I’m guessing Niall’s brother called, while she was talking to me, and said he was at the airport or something, and now she’s going to get him. And all I have to do is watch the little cunt while she’s gone, just wonderful.

 Mrs. Horan gestured for me to walk over to her home with her, and then soon after arriving she hopped into her car. I waved as she pulled away and then turned towards the front door of the house I was now in front of. I brought my hand up to the door and knocked a few times.

 “Mum? Did you forget your key again?” I heard a thick Irish accent come from behind the door.

 Next thing I knew I was looking into two beautiful blue eyes. Which just so happened to belong to the little cunt I was talking about earlier.

 “Uh, K-kacey, why are you here?” Niall asked, uncertainty in his eyes.

 “Your mother wanted me to tell you that she went to get your brother at the airport, and she’ll be back in a little.” I said tearing my gaze away from his eyes. Damn his gorgeous eyes!

 “Greg’s coming home for the Holidays?” Niall asked.

 “I suppose so, but I honestly don’t know.” I said shrugging.

 A huge grin lit up his face, and you’ll never believe what he did. He wrapped his arms around my waist, and then lifted me into the air while he twirled me around saying ‘thank you’ over and over again.