0.1

Snow falls as I drive down the iced covered road, it was around two am I couldn't sleep I rarely could, sleep didn't come naturally to me, doctors said it was common and shoved sleeping pills in my hands and shooed me away.

I never took the pills they were stupid and reminded me of how I needed help to fall asleep, I don't know if it's a disorder or I just can't sleep.

My mother sent me to therapy thinking I was stressed, but of course I was, she divorced a man a couple years ago and we still had to deal with paperwork and paying bills.

The therapist said I had insomnia but I laughed in her face.

My mother soon gave up with trying to figure out why I wasn't immune to sleep, I didn't care truthfully they say sleep helps energize the body and just is heathy but I still worked properly.

A year ago a professional doctor said I had lung cancer, she said it affected sleeping I scoffed at her it was stupid and it hurt how dumb she thought I was.

It was January 12th, and snow decided to take over our state and rule it with it's helpers, wind and rain.

Kusterville Michigan, I was born and raised here it was the most bitter part of Michigan it always rained or was just cloudy it was always cold too.

Around four am I decided to head back home, I could stay out longer my mom understood why I drove but she got worried if she woke and I was gone.

Cold air kissed my cheeks as I stepped out of the car, cigarette smoke feels my nose I turn my head slightly seeing a boy looked around eighteen.

"Shouldn't you be asleep?" I ask walking over to him

"Shouldn't you?" He asks

"Nope," I smile shyly

"Neither should I, sleep means dreaming, dreaming means dreaming of someone who has your mind crowded by thoughts of them," He says blowing out smoke "And it's hell waking up." He shrugs

"Well worded," I snort "But you don't sleep?" I ask

"Haven't in two weeks," He says "Sleep is useless." He says taking another puff

"I guess," I shrug

"Would you like a cigarette?" He asks

"I never take cigarettes from strangers." I chuckle

"I'm Jack Milred," He smirks "And you?"

"Winter Hiland," I smile

"Winter," Jack says "Would you like a cigarette?"

"Hmm," I hum "I guess"

Jack reaches into his pocket an pulls a pack of Newport cigarettes, he takes one out handing it to me, I stick it between my index and middle fingers and Jack pulls out a lighter and lights.

I take a puff and smoke fills my lungs making it difficult to breathe, I start choking and Jack looks at me in amusement.

"First time?" Jack asks bitting his lip

I nod while coughing, my insides feel like they've been set on fire why did I even agree to smoke oh my god.

"You must know," Jack starts "It's taking every atom in my body right now not to laugh." He grins

"Go ahead," I smile feeling flushed

"It's not so funny anymore," He pouts "You've stopped dying."

"Oh I died last week," I smile "I'm a ghost haunting everyone I please."

"What did I ever do to you?" Jack asks putting his hands on his heart acting hurt

"Nothing," I laugh "I just thought you were cute." I shrug

Jack smirks wiggling his eyebrows.

"You look like your about to rape someone" I snort

"It's not rape if you like it." He states

"It must be rape then," I smile

"Must be." Jack repeats

"How old are you anyways?" I ask

"Seventeen," Jack says shrugging "I'm guessing you're twelve?" He asks

"Yes," I say "And you shouldn't give cigarettes to twelve year olds, I'm reporting you to the police." I says seriously

"Better start running shouldn't I?" He grins

"Yes, my cousin is a officer and he's on speed dial better run." I laugh

"Very funny," He pouts

I shake my head laughing, Jack is beautiful someone made up of star-like features unreal almost, messy light brown hair with blonde and golden streaks it's tempting me to run my fingers through it. His eyes were magnificent looking into them was like walking through a deep green forest while the sun was setting peeking though the trees.

He was truly beautiful.