<Chapter Six>

<Betty's POV>
I woke up with bad heartburn. I clutched my chest, scooted slowly towards the edge of my bed, let my feet touch the ground and made the painful movement of standing up. I was still clutching my chest and went to take some medicine for my heartburn. I waited for the pain to fade away as I made myself some toast slowly and drank water.

An hour later a bitch was back in business and I turned on some music. I'd get me a real breakfast probably around eleven. I went to shower to meet up with Murriz's boss at her mansion. I hope this job really was going to pay well because this was some real gas money.

I got dressed in some simple neutral colors and my Timbs. I was dressed fresh for what I don't know. I called up Murriz but I stopped after the third ring, remembering that he was probably having a heart attack that he was still alive today. I still decided to swing by his place since it was sort of on the way. I parked my car today, thankful that no bad little kids was running around today. I climbed up the stairs, passed the bike, and knocked on his door. It looked closed but with one knock, it fell down quite literally.

I ran back down the stairs to get my gun out of my car and ran back up. "Murriz!" I shouted as loud as I could. I wasn't gonna call his name more than once. I was already imagining the worse. Murriz don't play pranks or whatever this hard. His ass was either dead here or somewhere else, or kidnapped.

I searched the rooms quickly, taking in all the details quickly. Nothing out of place, no blood splatters, no trails, no signs of forced entry. Whoever the fuck came in here was a pro, no AirPod. My mind briefly went back to what Murriz was saying last night. I wanted so bad to now call my mother and check up on her. Did I even say "I love you" back? God.

I had my gun out and pointed like a cop as I went back and surveyed the rooms. I heard loud thumping in the dryer and closed my eyes, letting out a little sob. Despite my wishes, my gun slipped from my hands and fell against the dryer as I opened it up.

Murriz was sliced open by the waist, the neck, and by his knees. He was all mushed up and his skin was melting into a sick fusion in the hot dryer. It was still spinning opened, but slower. In the back, his blood was trying to race the dryer, but it clearly spelled out "RESPECT". I fell to my ass and covered my hand over my mouth, bringing my gun back closer to me. Tears ran down my face and I squeezed my eyes shut.

His body still spun and I cried at every thump. "Murriz," I looked over, wanting him back. I was so stupid.

I slowly got up and did the last thing I'd ever expect myself to do. I called 911 and waited there, until they arrived. It wasn't nine yet but I'm sure I would be late meeting with Murriz's Boss. My breath catched. Her. It must have been her. I could snitch on her, I thought as the police talked to me, but no. If she did this, imagine what else she could do. Was that what this was? A display of power? I wasn't a threat to her.

I finally was able to leave and i stiffly and numbly made my way out to Galveston. I don't even know why I was going anymore. It almost felt disrespectful to go meet up with homie's most likely murderer.

I drove past Whataburger and remembered the last time I was in one. Murriz had a right to worry yesterday and i dismissed him. He warned me not to disrespect her and now look where life was. My mind was so gone that I was beginning to get friendly honks from my fellow drivers around me drifting into other lanes. Somebody threw their cup at my car. Any other day they would have gotten a gun waved at them. Now I'm numb.

It seemed like I made it to Galveston on auto pilot. I'm not even sure if I ran lights or if I even used a signal light even once. I got out wondering if everyone else knew how she killed Murriz. Yeah, she definitely had to have done it. I put my gun under my shirt that my jacket hid and walked coldly up to the door. The man who let the door- no the boy, who let the door hit me yesterday blocked it. So was I gonna have to light a pussy nigga up today?

"Where's Murriz?"

Was he being disrespectful intentionally. "You know where he is," I sneered, pushing past him inside. He only gave me a confused look then went back to laughing with his friends. I went over to the bench, pushing back yesterday's memories and fiddled with my phone. After all of this I was still showing that bitch respect by not being in my phone? Now I didn't know whether or not to be disrespectful. "I'm sorry Murriz," I said lowly. I saw the girl approaching me and briefly thought about just shooting her on spot. But could revenge and a slow torture be much better?

I'm sure shortly after I'd be following her right to Hell if I shot her here. But surely she would either kill me next or not trust me closely because she killed my homie. There was no way I'd get on her good side. Was I really that much of a threat to her?

"Murriz," I simply said as I stood up, crossing my arms and staring her down. I reconsidered that. Would that get somebody else killed that I cared for?

She softly pushed me back onto the bench and put her hands on either of my shoulders. "Who are you? Who do you work for?"

"I don't work fo nobody, bitch," I snarled. "You killed Murriz. He was a good person. He did his work right."

"You disrespected me," she said back.

"Who else of mine you gon kill?" I demanded, wanting to genuinely know.

"You're killing me," she yelled, pointing at her head. "You're killing me!"

"You killed Murriz," I said back, tears dripping down my face, standing back up and pushing her hands off of me. I whipped out my gun and she snatched it away, throwing it into a wall. A glass statue of some tall torture device shattered and she got in my face, shouting. "You!"

Her guards ran in and my legs were shaking and I was overwhelmed with grief. I took something sharp from her jacket I had felt with her pressed against me yelling and ran it quickly and hard across my throat. I felt somebody grab me and save my fall but I was already blacking out.