Seven

Eun couldn't pin point the change he was feeling in his wife. She was behaving strange, always trying to please him with things..or do better in his eyes and honestly it was scaring him a bit.

He watched as his wife practiced with a soldier in field, she was learning fencing again with all fighting skills etc.

Eun was confused though.

Even if his wife lost a part of her memory during Lake accident, how could she forget fighting skills? She has been trained to become a soldier since childhood.

He remembered his childhood vaguely and he had this one memory of Soon deok. All the girls were playing in the ground while his wife Soon deok was sitting alone on stairs. He had felt so bad for her at that time, so he gave a cucumber flower ring to make her feel better.

"Ouch!" he snapped out of his thoughts when he heard his wife groan in pain.

"Deok-ah" he immediately went to her and helped her getting up, he glared at the soldier who was standing with his head down "Ya you.. you hurt her. Do you want to die? huh! you-"

"Prince it's okay" his wife held his hand "I asked him to not go easy on me. I wanted to do better" she gestured the soldier to leave them alone.

"But deok-ah you're hurt" Eun couldn't help but frown "You don't even have to train now, you're a prince's wife. You won't need these things"

She lowered her eyes and thought about Ji Mong's words, Eun was in danger and she needed to get ready for it.. to protect him "Prince I want to learn fighting because I want to protect you" she reasoned.

"Deok-ah there are hundreds of soldiers present here to protect me" Eun chuckled "You don't have to do that"

"but I want to" Hera argued making him release a defeated sigh.

"Okay fine but right now you need to rest. You've already hurt yourself" Eun said wrapping his arm around her torso and guiding her inside the house. "There there easy" he gently laid her down on bed "I'm gonna ask maids to take care of your needs" he told her and she nodded.

Just when Eun went out, Hera released the breath she was holding this entire time. Goodness his touch was stirring things inside her which shouldn't be there in the first place.

She heard the door opening sound and saw Joohyun or she could say Irene entering "My lady" she bowed in respect.

"Joohyun" Hera acknowledged her nodding.

She let Joohyun apply medicine on her injuries here and there before asking her something "I want to ask you something"

"Yes my lady" she replied.

"How was my relationship with my husband at the beginning? I mean what do you think prince-" she tried to simplify her question "What I mean to ask you is.." she shut her mouth, groaning mentally.

What was she supposed to ask?

"My lady Prince loves you, he just don't realize it. I have seen him sneaking glances at you and frowning whenever you get hurt" Joohyun smiled "He loves you but don't act on it"

"Why?" Hera asked confused.

"Maybe because of the circumstances you got married" Joohyun replied, lowering her eyes and Hera sighed.

Of course it was the reason!

"Oh" she nodded her head "Thank you for taking care of me"

She didn't miss the surprise look on Joohyun's face "Anytime my lady" she bowed to Hera before leaving the room.