Ch. 1 October..the first signs

"Today we are changing seats " exclaimed my English teacher.

"Uggg" was the classes response.

"Yeah yeah yeah everyone just be quiet and get up and I'll point to the seat and say the students names one by one ..sit down as you here your name please" exclaimed Mr. Lark

"Michelle..Clayton.." and he just went on untill I finally heard him say my name.

"Leah" I was happy when I realized I sat next to my best friend Cam.

"Jake behind Leah please".

I knew Jake we just really weren't friends. He moved to our school about a month ago and we chatted a bit but haven't really talked since.

Once we sat down Mr. Lark told us to grab our grammer books from under the desks and open up to pg.216.

"Pst" I felt a tap on my shoulder from behind that  kind of sent shivers down my spine.

I turned around and Jake said "Can I have that extra grammer book that's under your desk?"

"Oo yeah sure" I said ..still a bit shaky..why do I feel like this? What is this?

******
(Lunch time)

"Aye" said Cam as I walked up to our lunch group . Well it's technically her group because their so weird I hate trying to fit in and be apart of it. But ya know Cams my friend and yeah. Anyways I noiced that that Jake was part of the group today.

I asked Cam when did he show up and she said today since he knows one of our mutual friends name Sebastian. So I went up to Jake and said "Aye so first you sit behind me and now your part of my lunch crew...nice " he said yeah that's cool.

But it's like I want this to keep happening. Iwant him to be around more. But..why?