6. Weird

As I sat on my bed doing homework the only thing that I could think about was Jace. Why was I falling for him so hard and so fast? My feelings were all out of control and there was absolutely no way that I could control them.

It just wasn’t happening.

He made me feel so special being in his arms and I couldn’t understand it. It was so confusing but I was okay with that.

I had texted Essence all the details of our hug and I could practically hear the way she was screaming at me through text.

She was so excited.

She was also excited about the date as was I.

There was a knock on my door before my mom entered with a smile on her face. “Hey sweetie how was school?” she asked me as she took a seat on the end of my bed.

"Um hey mom. School was fine. Just doing some homework. I have a history paper due tomorrow.” I told her.

“I’m sure you’ll get an excellent grade,” she said.

“I hope so because I’ve been working really hard,” I said.

“Well you are our little straight A student. You’ll be fine.”

“Thanks mom.”

“Well I’m going to go get dinner started. It should be ready in the next hour. We’re having chicken alfredo,” she said jumping up suddenly.

“Um okay. I should be done by then,” I said scrunching up my eyebrows.

Maybe Essence was right about my parents hiding something because they were being really weird.

My mom left my room humming an old country song and I rolled my eyes. I hope this was just a phase.

Not being able to jump back into homework I logged into Facebook.

I had a friend request from Kristen Spear and my heart leaped out of my chest.

Jace’s sister sent me a friend’s request.

THIS WAS AWESOME!

Picking up my phone I called Essence’s.

“Kristen Spear just sent me a friend request on Facebook,” I said as soon as she answered.

Essence began laughing and I couldn’t help but blush.

Maybe I got a little too excited.

“If you’re this excited getting the request how are you going to act when you accept it? Are you going to have a party?” she joked.

“Ess this is serious!” I said joining in on her laughter.

_______________________________ 

Jace POV

 Walking into my house I could not remove the smile that was plastered on my face.

 Everyone was noticing as well.

“Dude stop walking around smiling like that because it makes me look bad,” Peter said.

“If anything you look good standing next to the future alpha,” I said pulling him closer to me.

“Whatever happened with Spencer has got you in a good mood,” Taylor said plopping down next to me on the couch.

“She felt the sparks today and that means I am so much closer to officially making her mine. I can’t wait to mark her,” I said as my thoughts jumped into the future.