9. Sealed With A Kiss

Jace POV

 Things were going so good with Spencer it almost felt unreal. After handling the Claire situation, I made sure to fill her in on the situation.

 Claire and I had some history but that would never compare to the future with my mate.

Carrying the huge birthday cake upstairs, Taylor and I kicked open Peter’s bedroom door and began horribly singing.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! YOU SMELL LIKE DOG POO!”

He rolled over and smiled up at us. “It’s my birthday and you talk about my odor. I’m not the worst smelling wolf in this pack” he joked.

“You come pretty close” Taylor said as we set Peter’s cake down on the dresser. “So how’s it feel to be eighteen?”

“I don’t feel any different but my wolf sure does”.

Once a male wolf turns eighteen, his wolf wants one thing and one thing only.

His mate.

“He’s ready to find your mate” I said.

“He sure is. I mean It’s making me pretty depressed and not voluntarily” he said.

“Just lets me and Jace know that we are going to win this bet” Taylor said confidently.

“Don’t get ahead of yourself. I’m still the same old Peter. Now where are my presents? It’s my damn birthday”.

“You’ll get them” I said. “Now get yourself together and come downstairs. The pack is waiting for you. My mom made a huge breakfast and everyone is hungry”.

Turning eighteen was very important and the Alpha and Luna took this very seriously. Since Peter was future Beta, he would receive a huge breakfast and a pack party.

“I have to admit, I’m pretty envious” Taylor said as we left Peter’s room and stood in the hall.

“What for man?”

“I know my birthday is coming soon and I have nothing to worry about but you have your Alpha jacket and Peter is more than likely getting his Beta jacket today. I feel like I’m being left out. This is a huge step for the three of us and it’s just going really slow”.

I knew exactly where Taylor was coming from. The three of us had been best friends since birth so for him to have to see his two best friends going through the major change in a wolf’s life had to suck. It would suck for me.

“Trust me man, everything is going to work out and before you know it, you’re gonna find your mate and we can’t wear our jackets until you get yours. Never forget that. We came in this thing together and we’re not gonna begin our journey as Alpha and Beta’s without you” I said patting his shoulder.

“This is why you were made to be Alpha. You understand my sentimental moments. Just don’t tell anyone” he joked.

“I wouldn’t even think of it”.

As we entered the dining room, all of the pack was seated and Peter’s dad, Bob, was standing there with a box and a proud smile.

“Good Morning” Taylor and I greeted the pack and took our seats at the very long table.

Peter entered the dining room a few minutes later and everyone greeted him with a loud “HAPPY BIRTHDAY!”

“Thanks guys” he said coming up and hugging his mom.

“This is a very important day for you son” beta Bob begin. “Me, your mom, and the pack have watched you grow and become such a smart and talented young man not only in your studies but in this pack as well. You are the next beta and I know how lucky Jace and Taylor are to have you lead with them because I can’t think of anyone else to do the job. Happy birthday and please accept this gift from the pack” he said holding out the box to Peter.