12. A Kidnap

"So what are you going to tell Peter?" I asked Essence as we walked through the hallway to head to the cafeteria.

"I'm still not sure. I wanna say no so bad but then there is a part of me that's actually interested in him".

"So just say yeah. You two are so adorable the way you bicker all the time. Who knew that it meant he liked you".

She rolled her eyes. "That is not cute. Our arguments are actually legit".

It was my turn to roll my eyes. "Yeah like the time you chewed his head off about shower shoes. That was such an important conversation" I said sarcastically.

"I just don't understand what made him ask me out all of a sudden. I also don't understand why it's so hard for me to even think about saying no".

"I have three reasons why you can't say no".

"Can we change the subject" she said as we entered the double doors.

Lunch was the only time that Essence and I could have our much needed best friend talk but with the guys joining us recently, it was impossible.

"Let's talk about this later. Right now, I just want some food!" Essence said as we headed into the line.

"NEXT" the old lunch lady yelled.

"Can I have some of that disgusting looking tan stuff and a slice of government cheese pizza?" Essence said.

"Buttered noodles and cheese pizza coming right up" the lady said ignoring Essence and filling her plate. "NEXT!"

"I'll have the same".

We grabbed some juices, paid, and headed over to our table where Jace was already sitting.
"Hey beautiful" he said kissing my cheek.

"Hi" I said shyly.

"You two are adorable" Essence said digging in to her pizza.

"You know who else would be adorable?" Jace said winking.

Essence stopped mid chew. "Don't you say it Jace or your life ends today.

"I don't want any problems" he said putting his hands up in the air.

Essence continued to eat and Jace turned to face me.

"So what was it that you had to tell me last night?" I asked.

His body tensed up and I knew whatever it was he had to say, it was serious. "I wanna tell you everything and I mean absolutely everything but I don't wanna tell you in the middle of the school cafeteria. Especially if it freaks you out" he whispered so only I could hear.

"So you're confirming that what you have to say could possibly freak me out?"

"I guarantee that it will. I'm pretty sure you won't take this news lightly but I know that I want you. I also know that if I want this to work out, I am going to have to be completely honest with you" he said all signs of joking gone from his expression.

"Okay" I said nodding my head. "Then we can talk about it later".

"How about I pick you up later and bring you over to my house. My mom is dying to meet you".

His mom wanted to meet me?

Wait... so he's told his mom about me?

"Hey guys" Taylor said dropping his tray down onto the table.

"Hi Taylor" I said giving him a smile.
"This lunch is disgusting" Essence said pulling a brown paper bag out of her purse.

"I hope you have something in there for me" I said smiling.