23. What A Merry Christmas

"Merry Christmas" I heard Jace saying.

"Mmmm" I said not saying much of anything as I was still sleeping.

I felt my bed dip and that caused me to crack my eyes a little.

I watched as Jace stood and began putting his shirt on. "Where you going?" I asked sadly.

"Well I know your parents will be up soon and I didn't wanna give them the worst Christmas present of their life. A guy laying in their daughter's bed".

Looking over at my clock, it read seven thirty.

With a sigh, I sat up. "I don't want you to leave though".

Jace came over to me and kissed my forehead. "I'll be back beautiful. I want you to have dinner with me and the pack tonight".

I smiled anticipating tonight until my smile faded.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"Well it's just my mom makes a huge dinner and Essence comes over. I don't want to piss them off again" I said sadly.

He rubbed my arms giving me so much warmth.

"We'll work it out. Don't worry" he said.

I smiled and nodded my head.

"I'll call you later. I have Seth and Dave keeping an eye out for you". I rolled my eyes at the thought of babysitters again causing Jace to chuckle.

"It's not as bad as it sounds" he said.

"I don't know them well. Having strangers watch me is just plain weird" I said.

"Trust me. You'll get to know them well enough. Soon you'll know everyone by name" he assured me.

"SPENCER! PRESENT TIME!" My mom yelled from her bedroom as I heard her and my dad making their way downstairs.

'They are so lame sometimes' I thought as I smiled to myself.

As Jace began making his way to my window, I quickly remembered something as I jumped out of my bed. "Wait!" I said.

He turned around taking me in with his beautiful gray eyes.

I walked over to my desk and grabbed the gold wrapped present that was for him. It had a blue bow on it and his name was written neatly.

"I got this for you" I said shyly.

"For me?" he said in a girly tone.

I laughed. "Yes! Now open it. I'm getting anxious".

He stepped closer and took the present out of my hand. "I'm sure I'll love it".

As he began to unwrap the paper, I felt my heart pounding against my chest in anticipation.

My gift was pretty corny but I knew it was the thought that counted.

Once I heard his laughter, I knew he liked it.

"Wow. I have to admit. This is genius" he said looking up at me.

Our little debate on broccoli and chipotle was the inspiration for his gift. I decided to get him a keychain with a smiling piece of broccoli and on the keychain was a Chipotle gift card for twenty dollars.

"I'm glad you like it".

He pulled out his car keys and attached them together. "I love it. And I hope you'll love yours" he said winking.

With one last kiss he was gone and my name was being yelled again.

"I'M COMING!" I yelled back as I threw on a pair of sweats, some fuzzy Christmas socks, and made my way downstairs making sure to grab their gifts.