chapter 6

chapter notes: thank you all so so much for 171 reads!?!?! thats crazy!!! love you all<3

The next morning Dream woke up only to realize he hadn't posted the video. His day was not off to a good start.

He posted the video and checked his social medias.

On tiktok he saw more tiktoks about a fanfic named Heat Waves. 'If i see one more video about this book i might have to read it my god' He thought to himself. 

He checked Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat and Twitch. He saw that BadBoyHalo and Skeppy streamed last night. He checked it out but only watched for a few minutes before Patches started annoying him.

"God Patches right when it was getting good." She looked up at him with a look that said 'Clay, do you think I care."

Dream was almost sure that she was a Leo like he was. She had way too much of a god complex.

He fed her and decided to go make some breakfast. While his food was cooling down he checked his phone. He had a DM from Tubbo.

'yeah im good! thanks for checking in:)' Was what he last sent. He had noticed late last night that Tubbo was on Instagram late. He was worried maybe something happened even though he had no reason to believe so.

He just cared about him. He just wanted him to be okay.

Dream shook himself out of this pity session. He had to remind himself that Tubbo didn't need to know about him. It would be too much.

Dream checked his phone and saw a message that came through a few minutes ago.

'hey youve seemed off lately. whats wrong?' Sapnap said.

'yeah, you can talk to us clay.' George added.

Dream sighed. He knew they wouldn't lay off once they used his real name. "yeah somethings up, but its okay. it cant be fixed.'

'shit' He thought to himself. 'That was probably the most stupid answer you could have come up with.'

He went back to watching the stream. Once it had finished he realized how long it was.

3 Hours and 31 minutes.

Dream's phone was almost dead. He didn't even realize how long he had been on it. He plugged it in and went to his computer. 

He saw that Tommy was streaming and it was time to role play again. He hopped on the server and played for a while.

It was his favorite part about the server. The role plays. 

Dream's stomach rumbled and he noticed he hadn't eaten today. It was already 2 pm.

He chose to get off of the server and went to get some food. He got in his car and went to pick up some stuff from the grocery store.

While he was driving the song 'Heat Waves' by Glass Animals came on the radio. Dream burst out laughing and turned to pick up his phone and take a quick picture.

'look what came on in the car today...' He sent to George.

'you melt me' George sent back as a joke.

He finally got to the store and put on his mask. He got everything he needed and got to the cashier. 

"Thanks...uh Chris" He said searching for his name tag. He met the cashiers eyes. They felt strangely familiar. 

Then it hit him.

"Clay?" Chris asked.

"Dad?