chapter 9

chapter notes: i got to 1k likes!!?!?!?! what!? thank you guys so much<3 hope you all are enjoying the story so far:] also a TW some some content containing anxiety. I dont know if anyone would be triggered my by it but i wanted to warn you all!

"Hey I have a funny story. I actually had a dream about you." He sent. He waited for a reply.

And waited.

After a few hours, Tubbo got a response.

"What was it about?" Dream replied. 

'god that took a while' Tubbo thought to himself.

"It was really weird actually. I was running across water like I was Jesus or something. Then I came up to a house and saw my mom, a random guy, and someone named Clay." Tubbo sent.

Dream started typing almost immediately. "Oh. What did the Clay guy look like?"

Tubbo started typing slowly. He didn't want to pressure Dream into sending his face. "Like how you described yourself. Kinda weird."

"Well what else happened?" Dream sent.

"The older people were yelling. One guy -Christopher- said I was scared of him. He said he'll 'take' the other boy. Then Clay asked me to come inside. I started running but I couldn't get there." Tubbo replied. He was scared that maybe Dream would joke about it. But Tubbo was completely serious about this.

The three bubbles popped up. Then disappeared.

Tubbo waited a good 3 minutes until they popped up again. Tubbo felt his head getting hotter. His hands were shaking. He didn't know why this made him so nervous. Tommy said it would help. Tubbo sat his phone down in front of him. 

About 3 minutes later his phone buzzed on his desk in front of him. Tubbo had calmed down a bit. He reached for his phone and opened the message. 

"Tubbo I need to talk to you about something serious. But I cant do it over the phone, or on messages, or Facetime or anything. I need to talk to you in person about this." 

Tubbo felt weird. His brain started whirling. 'why does he need to see me?' He thought.

His hands were shaking again. He started replying.

"Why in-person? Is everything okay?"

"Yeah. It's just serious. Too serious to type."

"Oh." He sent. Tubbo started to type more but stopped himself when Lani knocked on his door.

"Come in." He said quietly.

Lani walked in and shut the door after her after she saw his face.

"Jesus what is wrong with you? What has been going on with you lately, Toby?"

"I don't know Lani. I don't know." 

Lani stepped back when he raised his voice. He never raises his voice, at least not at her.

"Okay, fine. Mom wants your help with dinner. Just came to let you know." She walked out of the room.

Tubbos shoulders fell. He hated when he raised his voice. It made him feel...mean. It made him feel like someone he knew....he can't remember who. Tubbo went to the kitchen to apologize to Lani and to help his mom.

His sister was sitting at the table and his mom was waiting for him by the stove. He hesitantly walked up to Lani.

"Hey I'm sorry. I didn't mean to raise my voice." She looked up at him.

"Don't worry about it." She said dryly.

"Toby c'mon. Help me with dinner!" His mom called from the kitchen.

They were making salmon tonight. Tubbo's favorite. As his mom worked on the salad, he worked on making the sauce. Tubbo loved cooking. It helped him clear his mind.

While stirring the ingredients together, he thought about what had happened earlier in his conversation with Dream. Had Dream been hinting that he was going to come see him? What was so important that he needed to see him?

"What's on your mind, Toby?" His mom asked.

'shit' He thought to himself.

"Uh, nothing. Just a streamer thing." He chose that excuse on purpose. His mom almost never asked for more details on streaming.

"Tell me about it." His mom replied.

'god.'

Tubbo hated lying to his mom. But something felt off with Dream and everything. He had no choice.

"It's just that twitch has been acting up. Nothing much. It just sucks cause I love streaming and now I can barely get my streams started." Tubbo said.

"Okay yeah I don't understand any of that but I'm sorry about that." His mom laughed.

They finished up the dinner and ate as a family. They all talked about their days as Tubbo listened. That how it always went. They talked, he listened.

After dinner, he helped his dad clean up. They talked about when he could see Tommy again. His dad said maybe next weekend, which helped to lighten Tubbo's mood.

After the dishes were done, Tubbo went to get on Discord.

He and Tommy talked for a bit before Tubbo decided to tell him about the conversation with Dream.

"The hell?" Tommy said. "Do you think he's gonna like show up at your house or something?"

"No idea. I just want to know what he needs to tell me."

The two of them talked for 2 hours. 

"Hey, I'm gonna stream. Wanna be on?" Tommy asked.

"No thanks. Tell them I'll stream tomorrow." Tubbo told him.

"Okay. Talk to you later, Toby." Tommy left the call.

Tubbo sighed and walked to his bed. He sat down and ran his fingers through his hair.

"What the hell could possibly be this important?" He thought aloud.

He was tired of stressing out about this. He got into some sleeping clothes and got in bed. He scrolled on Instagram until he got tired. He plugged his phone in and went to sleep.

Then his dream started.