Chapter 7: "Gentle Strokes"

"There is no greater joy for an artist than to know their work is in the hands of someone who truly understands it."
-unknown

Jack Lopez

I couldn't belive my own eyes.
This is it?
I smiled widely as I saw a little brown kitten appear. It was shivering and that made me want to hug it and take care of it. And so I did. It seemed hungry, so I decided to take it to the kitchen to feed it.
"What do you feed a kitten?" I asked myself still holding the little ball of fur in my arms. I took out a bottle of milk and poured it in to a small bowl. As soon as I had set the bowl down on the floor, the kitten hurried over to it and began sipping the milk in it. It seemed even hungrier now. When it was finished, it rubbed itself against my leg pleading for more. I guess milk wasn't really enough.
I began to search through my fridge to find something that the kitten could eat. I took out some mackrel I had leftover, not that I liked it, I just kept it and now it would be good for something other than trash. I cut the fish into small bits and put them on a plate which I then placed on the floor to feed the kitten. It happily skipped over to the plate and began chewing the food. I smiled, thinking it was nice to have someone here. Sadly I can't afford to have it so I'll have to look for a new owner tomorrow.
A little while later the kitten yawned and stretched its petite body. I looked at the clock and yawned aswell.
"Well, it is late..." I said to the kitten. I picked it up and took it in to my bedroom. I tucked myself in and the kitten did the same. It walked around in a circle a few times before it plopped down. It laid its head on my arm and within seconds it was asleep. I kissed the top of its head before I fell into a deep darkness of pure bliss called sleep.

* * * *

"Class dismissed!" mr. Lanchester yelled and everyone stormed out of the class room. I couldn't wait to eat lunch, I was so hungry! I had to skip breakfast because I had to take care of the kitten and ended up not having enough time to eat. I also slept in for more than half an hour so I was running short on time this morning.
I walked through the hallway and over to my blue locker. It was slightly crowded so I bumped into at least a few people and almost fell on top of a blonde haired girl. Of course I apologized and moved on.
I got to my locker and I placed my english books in it and took out my wallet. I locked it again and in the corner of my eye I saw Joline. I turned to face her and, just as yesterday, she was smiling widely.
"Hey Jackie!" she called and hugged me. I returned the hug and smiled.
"Hi Joline!" I said breaking the short friendly hug. I looked down at her and saw that she was wearing a baby blue sweater, a black loose skirt, green socks that reached her knees and pink boots. She looked great and colourful.
"Wanna have lunch together?" she asked playing with one of her several necklaces.
"Sure, it's better than to eat alone I guess" I told her and we were off to the cafeteria.

* * * *

"Oh my gosh!! It's adorable!!" Joline squealed as I showed her a picture of the kitten. "Where did you find it?" she asked eagerly.
"It just came into my house in the middle of the night, but I can't keep it so I have to find a new owner" I told her as I put some of the chicken salad into my mouth.
"I think I can keep it, my parents won't mind" she said happy. "Besides, I have been pleading them for a pet for ages and they keep telling me I have to buy it myself" She frowned and sighed. "They are so annoying~ they know I don't have any money." She chuckled and took off the top half of her sandwich. She removed the tomatoes and the cucumbers and put the top half back on again and bit into it.
"You can have it for free, I don't mind" I told her and her face lit up. Even if mayonaise was on her cheek, she looked adorable with that smile.
When she swallowed (at least she did have enough manners to not talk with food in her mouth) she jumped over to my side of the table and hugged me.
"Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!~" She said jumping up and down. The piece of chicken I had on my fork flew away to God knows where and I patted her back.
"It's okay, now get off of me before I accidently have my elbow in my salad!" I said giggling. She released me and sat back down on her side of the table. "You can just come with me to pick it up, I'll drive you home" I offered and she agreed.
We just sat and ate our lunches when suddenly "K-boy" appeared with a piece of chicken in his hand. I was so screwed.
"I'm guessin' this is yours?" he said showing the chicken bit back into my salad and I gulped.
"I-I am sorry, it wasn't on purpose" I said hoping he'd just booger off.
"I-I'm sorry~" He imitated with a girly crying voice. "Sorry my ass!" He said in his deep manly voice. "Ya really like gettin' in trouble huh?" he asked touching my bruise roughly. I flinched and hissed. "How 'bout we go to the bathroom for a while huh?" he asked and I was terrified.
"Leave him alone asshole!" Joline half yelled at him and pushed him. "It was an accident okay? Now fuck off before I go get Matthew!" she said treathening him. He looked at her angered but stayed still. He looked over at me with rage in his eyes.
"I'll get ya next time dickface!" he whispered harshly and walked off with his so called crew. Joline sat back down and ate her sandwich as if nothing had happened.
"What the..? How did you do that?!" I asked happy that she saved me.
"I just know how to deal with him now" she replied smiling.
"Who's Matthew?" I asked courious. She looked back at me and her eyes sparkled at the mention of the name.
"Matthew is the history teacher, he teaches old history, myths and legends" she said smiling. "He is also one of the youngest teachers at this school" she told me. "And he is the only teacher that knows how to deal with K-boy... Properly" Joline moistured her lips and fixed her bun.
"I love him already" I said jokingly.
Suddenly the speakers (that were all over the school to make announcements) made a highpitched sound and then a male voice spoke.

"Dear students of Alania high, we are sorry to inform you that the rest of todays classes have been canceled due to a fire in the chemistry classroom, we ask you all to leave the building as soon as possible. Classes begin again tomorrow just as usual"

Me and Joline looked at each other and rushed out of the cafeteria. We packed our bags and went to the parking lot to find my olive green pickup truck. I spotted it quickly and unlocked it. We entered the truck and I began driving to my apartment.
"Aw man, I dig your truck, although it is falling appart" Joline said smiling and toyed with almost everything I had in the car.
"Yeah? Wanna switch? I heard you have a new Suzuki" I joked and she playfully hit my arm.
A few bumps and turns later we parked outside my apartment.
"Welcome to my so called villa!" I said and walked over to the front door. I heard Joline giggle in the back and I walked inside. She followed only seconds later and instantly pretended as if she was home.
"Where is it?" she asked looking for the brown kitten.
"I don't know, it is around though" I told her hanging my jacket up and helped her look.
"Come here kitty kitty kitty~" Joline called looking under the sofa. Nothing.
I looked in the kitchen but no cat. "Here kitty kitty.." I tried, and as soon as I had let out my voice a little brown head popped out from under the bookshelf. It ran over to me and quickly rubbed against my leg. As soon as Joline saw it she let out a squeal.
"Oh my goooooosh!! Its even cuter than I thought!" She said coming closer. "Can I hold it?" she asked and I nodded.
"Yeah, of course!"
Her Cheshire grin didn't go away and she picked it up. "It's a female, have you given it a name?" she asked and I grimaced.
"No, not really, I didn't even check its- I mean her gender" I told her looking at Joline as she gave the kitten a kiss.
"I'm going to call her...." she looked at the brown furball closely. "Juliet!" she exclaimed proudly.
"Juliet? isn't it a bit odd for a cat?" I asked. She shook her head.
"Nah, not for this little girl! She is my little special kitty~" she rubbed the kitten's tummy and it playfully tried to catch Joline's fingers. "Thank you so much Jackie! I love her!" she got up and hugged me once again. This time I hugged her back.
"You're welcome" I ended the hug. "Shall I drive you home now?" I asked looking out the window. It was lightly raining.
"Yeah, it's about time I head home as well" she said and we both got back into my truck. After we had fastened our seatbelts I rolled out of my parking spot and began driving.
"So, where to?" I asked her focusing on the road.
"It's a bit far but I'll guide you, okay?" she said and I okayed. It wasn't as if I knew the roads here yet.
"Okay, turn right here" she said and I drove in the directed direction.

* * * *
We had made a few turns by now and now we were about to drive into a forest. "Twilight much" I thought looking out the window scanning my surroundings.
"Are you sure this is the right way?" I asked her still feeling unsure about the clichéd Twilight area.
"100 procent sure, just a bit further and you'll see my house" she assured me and true to her words, after 5 more minutes I saw a house. Actually I saw several houses.
"This looks like a small village if you ask me!" I chuckled slightly as I drove to her house. The weather had gotten worse and the mud I was driving on was wet and sticky.
"Well, I guess you could call it that" she climbed out of the car holding Juliet close to her yellow raincoat. Being the gentleman I was I decided to follow her to her doorstep, just to see her off.
"Thanks for the ride Jack!" she smiled and opened her front door, but then she looked behind me shocked and I turned to see what she was so surprised about and honestly my mouth fell.
"MY CAR!" I yelled in horror as I saw that my car was SINKING!

(/^°^)/

A/N: Hey guys!! I am sooooo sorry it took so super long to update! (If you read what I post then you'd know I had a math test and was super stressed) Buuuuut! I am planning on updating faster next time and *drumroll* I will have a valentines special! I really hope you will like it. I have most of it planned out. *sneaky grin*
But anyways~ I do plan on maybe update once every week (or try to) but it would really help if you guys commented your opinions. Like how did you like the chapter? who do you ship? Should I update every week? Your ideas or what you think will happen. ANYTHING! as it is now I have no idea if any of you actually like this story and it gives me absolutey no motivation at all! So do comment! *sends out hearts*
Also I think I'll begin to do author's note because I might not be able to update as fast every time and also I can update you on if the next chapter might be a short one (it might happen if I am too slow on a chapter)
So yeah, that's about it. I will try to have the next chapter out asap!
- Marna