Prologue

There really aren't any words for everything I went through with Bryan, Joline and rest of the pack; fun, trouble, pain and also a bit of romance. But there was a lot more to it than just that - I just didn't know it.

When Bryan one night confined me about what he and the pack really were, I was filled with confusion, shock; What was true in this world and what wasn't? And how could he expect me to keep on living as everything was as usual, when all I knew had changed forever? All the secret meetings I couldn't attend, all the whispers, everything. It was for their own safety.

Even though law of nature wasn't as once believed, I did still care for him, and as time passed by I realized that their secret didn't bother me - I actually liked it even better; I knew them now.

I really was happy in Bryan's company, I thought to myself, noticing him studying me with his beautiful green eyes. Being in the refreshing green woods, birds chirping, flies buzzing and the sun shining brightly, warming our bodies; I loved it.

Suddenly his eyes went from admiring to daring and before I knew it, we were running away from our peaceful sitting positions, thin branches scratching our pale skins. The sound of his bare feet breaking fallen, death branches on the ground covered with leaves made me run even faster, my heart almost jumping trough my chest of excitement. It was quite ironic how he enjoyed playing catch because of him being what he was.

Even if we found ourselves on maybe the last paradise on earth we couldn't stop the unknown conflicts that had yet to come.

We were both cheerfully giggling and laughing and as I turned to look behind me I stumbled over a thick branch, falling onto a big spot of grass. I couldn't stop laughing and soon enough Bryan had caught me and wrapped his arms around me, showering me with kisses.
"I got you now!" His mouth widening into a lovely smile. While my laughter slowly attenuated down to a deep giggle, I hugged him. The giggle soon died out, but his eyes still smiled happily to me.

When moment of fun had been erased by a serious and silent staring contest, Bryan leaned in closer to me. As his lips sealed with mine, the silent went mute. No chirping birds, no buzzing flies. As if it all had stopped doing whatever it was doing and watched the two kissing boys on the ground covered with orangebrown leaves. Bryans soft lips were gently moving on top of mine and I followed his pace. Lightly, he caressed my back and with the other hand he gently pulled my body against his to be able to attack my neck with mild kisses. A almost mute moan of relief quitely left my lips. He teasingly stopped kissing me, but stroke his nosetip against my neck, up towards my earlip, which he bit.
"I love you," he whispered, pecking my lips once again. It filled me with joy and happiness being Bryan's mate - the Beta's mate.
"I love you too," I replied nuzzling my face into his warm neck.