Part 6

Korra woke up alone in her bed. The sheets were pulled back where Asami was laying when she fell asleep but was now gone. She was surprised because it was Saturday and Asami didn't have work or anything. The Avatar smelled yummy breakfast smells wiff into her room and she knew her mom was probably fixing up something great. She swung herself into her wheel chair and moved down the hallway. There was Asami standing in the kitchen in her short shorts and hair in a high pony tail cooking the food that smelled so wonderful. 

"Asami? You're cooking?" She asked confused because she honestly didn't think Asami ever cooked because she had servants at her mansion to do such normal and mundane things. 

"Yes, Korra. I am cooking. I just wanted to treat you and your family." She said smiling at her... also thinking about the events the night before. "Here set yourself up at the table it's almost ready."

"What's going on in here?" Senna asking the question the same way Korra did. "I'm cooking for you all!" "Oh that's very thoughtful Asami you didn't have to do all this!"

There was cut up fruits and berries along side a signature fire nation dish. "What is that Asami?" Korra questioned. "It's called Shaksuka. My mom taught me how to make it when I was a girl. It's a family recipe I hope you like it. Sorry I'm not very good at making water tribe food." 

Tonraq had also come into the kitchen and set himself up at the table. Asami brought him a cup of coffee and had earlier taken note of how he likes it... a half spoon of sugar and a splash of cream. 

"Thank you Asami. Wow!" Tonraq was like Korra in that food was the way to his heart. 

The family sat down to eat and they all praised Asami's meal. It was... a little unevenly cooked but they all looked the other way as they figured she didn't have much practice at this. Senna insisted on doing the dishes since she didn't have to make the meal so Asami let her. The girls headed back to the room. "That was very nice of you" Korra chuckled and thought of how sweet her girlfriend was and how she cherished her family. Asami kissed her on her forehead. 

"It's not a big deal, Korra. Anyway I'm actually going to hangout with Kya today if you wanted to come shopping. I'm so excited to see the designer water tribe fashion." 

"Uhm no thanks Asami I'm not a bigger shopper myself. I might just hangout with my mom and dad today." Korra admitted. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kya met up with Asami in the town center. It was a large fountain surrounded by cute little shops with frosted windows from the cold. Steam and smoke rose from them and made the air have a nice hint of smokiness. "Hey Kya!" Asami waved to the water bender who was sitting on the edge of the fountain people watching. "Hey Asami" "So where to first?"

The girls walked from store to store admiring the delicate fabrics. All the outfits were tailored towards providing warmth without the excess material that made Asami feel like a marshmallow. Scarves in every color and pattern lined the racks and the non-bender fell in love. They stopped at a shoe store that sold fashionable winter boots and also warm socks which Asami desperately needed. 

"So Kya, Korra was telling me about your girlfriend" 

Kya giggled cutely thinking about her. "Oh did she now?"

"Do we know her?" Asami asked inquisitively. 

Kya thought for a minute. Debating on spilling her secret love to Asami who was so eager to know the answer. "Yes."

"Yes? We know her?"

"mhm that's right. You're much closer to her than you realize. I'm surprised you never picked up on it honestly. We don't tell people but we're not that subtle when we're around each other either." Asami's mouth dropped. Who could it possibly be?