-just a slip of the tongue-

corpse husband x fem!reader
warnings: mentions of anxiety
word count: 1.2k

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

"baby!" y/n shouted as corpse lifted her off the ground and spun her around. "what was that for?"

"i just love you and felt like hugging you," corpse shrugged. he pulled y/n closer to his chest and kissed the top of her head.

"i love you too, love," y/n mumbled against his chest. the soft moment was interrupted by y/n's phone ringing. "why can't we just stay like this forever?"

"answer the phone and then we can," corpse sighed with the same pouty tone y/n had used. he wiggled his hand into hers as she picked up the phone. his head found it's place on y/n's shoulder as she leaned against him. corpse squeezed her hand reassuringly when he felt her hand shake. he knew how much she hated random phone calls because they increased her anxiety so he always made sure to stay by her side if he could. there was only two things that caused her anxiety to get super bad and they were phone calls and people finding out about her and corpse's relationship.

"hello?" y/n asked quietly into the phone.

"hey y/n! it's rae!" rae said cheerfully on the other end.

"oh hey rae!" y/n said, her nerves slowly relaxing. "what's up?"

"what's up? oh nothing...just that youtube video you posted a few minutes ago!" are was squealing now. "you're blowing up!"

"i-i am?" y/n asked softly. she felt the nerves return and squeezed corpse's hand tighter. corpse pulled her into a protective hug to help calm her down.

"yeah you are! you posted what? thirty minutes ago? it already has like 25 thousand views!" rae exclaimed. she paused when she realized y/n wasn't matching her enthusiasm. when she spoke again, her voice was much calmer. "everyone wants to know who kept calling you baby during the game."

"oh," y/n whispered. only a handful of people knew about corpse and y/n's relationship, rae included. corpse rubbed y/n's back as her shoulders slumped. "no one has said anything right?"

"nope! i can remind everyone if you want," rae asked. like corpse, she knew that the prospect of their relationship getting out had a negative effect on y/n's mental health and being her best friend, rae wanted to help eliminate it as much as possible.

"no, uh that's okay. thank you rae," y/n whispered.

"of course," rae said, her soft smile evident through the phone. "talk later?"

"sounds good. love you," y/n mumbled before she hung up. as soon as she hung up she slumped against corpse's chest and wrapped her arms around his torso. "'m so sorry bub."

"oh baby, don't apologize. it's not your fault. everything will be okay," corpse said quietly. y/n balled up his shirt in her hands and dug her head into the crook of his neck, trying to make herself feel as small as possible.

"what should we do?" y/n whispered. corpse thought for a second before he spoke

"i think there's only two things we can do," he spoke softly."we can either ignore the comments or we can tell everyone. i'm okay with whatever you want to do, my love."

"i just wanted to keep this to ourselves for a while longer. i don't want every aspect of our relationship to be under a microscope," she paused before taking a deep breath. "i don't want people to say i'm not good enough for you."

"love, you're more than good enough for me. i don't care what some strangers on the internet say about our relationship. what matters is that i love you and you love me."

"i love you," y/n mumbled into his neck.

"i love you too," corpse said as he rubbed her back. "why don't we just leave it for a bit and see if it becomes a big thing?"

"that sounds like a good idea," y/n sighed. "can we watch a movie right now?"

"of course, my love," corpse said, a bright smile on his face. a blush settled on y/n's cheeks at the nickname. corpse lifted y/n's arms from their spot around his torso and brought them to his shoulders. "hold on, okay?"

y/n nodded and squealed when corpse lifted her off of the ground. out of instinct, she wrapped her legs around his torso. corpse sat down on the couch, leaving his hands wrapped around y/n. "can we watch tangled?"

"again?" corpse laughed. "do you want a blanket?"

y/n nodded and corpse grabbed a blanket from the small basket next to the couch. he leaned back, allowing both of them to stretch out on the couch. y/n snuggled into the blanket and corpse's chest, her eyes focusing on corpse's hands instead of the movie. she silently grabbed one of his hands and played with it. she let her thoughts drift. was she overreacting? they only heard someone say 'baby', that's not a big deal. but then again, the person that called her baby has a very recognizable voice. did corpse think she was ashamed of him? she had to fix this."bub?"

"yes, baby?"

"you know i'm not ashamed of you right?" y/n asked as she looked up at corpse's face. her hand left his and settled on her boyfriend's face.

"of course i do," corpse said, his heartbreaking at the worry in her soft voice. he turned his head to the side and pressed a kiss to the palm of her hand. he saw the far off gaze in her eyes and kissed her hand again. "what's going on in that mind of yours?"

"maybe we should tell everyone," y/n mumbled. "i don't want to keep tiptoeing around even though i want this to just be something between the two of us."

"baby, if you don't want to tell anyone, we don't have to," corpse whispered.

"i want to," y/n said after a second. "maybe one of us could just post a picture or something. i don't know what to do."

"i have an idea," corpse mumbled. he fished for his phone in his pocket and reached for y/n's hand. he took a picture of their joint hands before putting his phone in his pocket. "i'll post it after you go to sleep so you don't have to stress about it, okay?"

"okay," she whispered. "i'm sor-"

corpse cut her off with a small kiss on her lips. "stop apologizing, baby. we're both okay, there's nothing to apologize for."

y/n smiled him before snuggling into his chest. "i love you, corpse."

"i love you too, y/n," corpse said with a beaming smile.

the two of them focused on the movie until corpse felt y/n drift to sleep on top of him. his heart melted at the sight of her snuggled under the blanket and clutching his shirt. he brushed some of her hair out of her face and traced her cheek lightly with his fingertips. silently, corpse took his phone out of his pocket and look a picture of her sleeping on his chest before he opened up instagram. going to the stories section, he selected the picture of them holding hands and added the caption "my baby" before posting it.

"okay princess, let's go to bed," he said to himself as he lifted her off the couch to bring her to their shared room. once they were cuddled up under the comforters on the bed, corpse pressed a bunch of soft kisses on y/n's face. "goodnight my love."

y/n squirmed in her sleep and cuddled closer into corpse's side. "goodnight, bub."