-distractions-

timothee chalamet x fem!reader
warnings: none just fluff
word count: 1.2k

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

The silence woke her. Something that normally would be welcoming to most people while trying to get a full night's sleep. The streetlights that lined the street outside seeped through the half open blinds in the otherwise dark bedroom. Something was different. She scanned the room. Everything seemed to be in the exact same place, except for one thing. Timothée. When Y/N fell asleep, he was right next to her, well, under her.

What woke her up wasn't that he moved. It was the absence of the mumbled music from Timothée's headphones that drew Y/N from her sleep. She had grown accustomed to falling asleep as he blasted whatever his newest favorite album was at the time, as he looked over a script or scrolled through twitter.

How he had not woken her up when he got up was a mystery since she had fallen asleep with her head on his chest. Y/N sat up and pulled herself out of the bed. Her bare feet met the cold hardwood floor. She moved skillfully out of the room, carefully dodging the furniture and objects scattered around the floor. Making her way down the hall of her and Timothée's shared apartment, she was met by the soft yellow glow from the kitchen light.

Timothée stood at the sink, hands on either side of it, staring out of the window overlooking the busy New York streets. His hair was a mess, like he had been messing with it. He was wearing pj pants and a baggy hoodie. Y/N wrapped her arms around his waist and rested her head on his back. He jumped, slightly startled by her presence. He turned around in her arms, facing her.

"Mon amour, why are you awake?" He asked, wrapping his arms around her. She looked up at him, her eyes searching his face.

"I could ask you the same question, bub. I woke up and you weren't there. And I can't sleep without you there" She whispered to him. Y/N brought her hand up to his cheek, noticing how tired he looked. "Are you okay?"

He leaned into her hand, closing his eyes. He covered her hand with his and kissed the palm of her hand. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just stressed about work is all."

"Wanna talk about it?" She intertwined their fingers together and brought their hands down.

He leaned forward and pressed a small kiss to Y/N's forehead. "Not really if that's okay. I don't want to focus on it anymore. I just want to be here with you now. You always make everything better." He wasn't lying. He had been stressed about one of his upcoming projects but the second he felt her arms around his waist, all of his worries melted away. It was as if she was a magician who could make all of his problems disappear with the wave of her hand.

"Of course it's okay, bub. I'm here if you do ever want to talk about it." She smiled at him before kissing his cheek. She realized that she had to distract him from whatever was bothering him. "Your hair looks funny right now. The curls are going everywhere." She giggled. Oh how Timothée loved her giggle. It was music to his ears.

"Je t'aime, je t'aime, je t'aime" Timothée mumbled, peppering her face with kisses and pulling her into his chest, leaning against the sink. She played with the strings on his hoodie. "Sorry for waking you, mon amour."

"Je t'aime aussi. You didn't wake me, bub. Your headphones not blasting music woke me up," Y/N giggled,pulling away slightly to look up at him. She poked his face lightly.

He chuckled softly at what she said. Timothée decided that in this moment, she was a goddess merely visiting the mortal plane. The way her y/h/c hair was laying just at her shoulders, slightly wavy and messy, made her look flawless. Her y/e/c eyes were somehow glowing in the dim kitchen lights. The way she could transform his worst of moods into the most genuine happiness. He loved everything about her. She was the craziest, funniest, most adorable person he'd ever met. Yet at the same time, she was serious, caring and compassionate. And in his eyes, she was the most perfect person on the planet.

"You're gorgeous," he said, causing a pink blush to make its way to Y/N's cheeks. "Wait, how did the lack of music wake you up? I would have thought me moving you off of me would have woken up," he asked playfully, his curly hair bouncing as he laughed.

"Stop it," she whined. "I've just grown used to hearing it when I fall asleep."

"I didn't even realize you could hear the music. So do you sleep worse when I don't have music going?" He inquired, half serious, half playfully.

"Oh TImmy stop it," she swatted his chest.

"No, I really want to know," he replied, his laugh dying down. His green eyes searched her face, looking to see if she was actually upset about how her sleep was affected by him.

"Oh okay. Well to be completely honest, the worst sleep I get isn't when you are here to cuddle with or play obnoxiously loud music, but when you are out of town," She teased him, but was dead serious. When he travels or she travels, she tends to toss and turn all night long.

"I see. Well, why don't we go cuddle and get to sleep right now and take advantage of all this cuddle time we have over the next few weeks." Timothée lifted Y/N over his shoulder, and ran to their room. Y/N giggled, begging Timothée to set her down.

He set her down on the bed before climbing in next to her. Timothée pulled the covers over them as Y/N rested her head against his chest and laid her arm across his stomach. He wrapped his arms around her.

"Music tonight?" He asked, a smirk settling on his face.

"Oh be quiet," Y/N replied, sitting up slightly to look at his face.

"Bonne nuit, mon amour," Timothée told her, leaning forward to press a kiss against her lips.

"Goodnight bub," she replied, kissing him quickly before laying down again. She snuggled back into his side.

It was quiet for a few seconds before Timothée said, "So where did we land on the music?"

"Goodnight Timothée," she said, jokingly angry. Y/N looked up at him before brushing some hair out of his face. Stress had settled itself on his face again. "Get some sleep, Timmy. There is nothing to worry about okay? I love you and whatever is bothering you, we can get through together okay?" Y/N kissed him again, softly and full of love.

"Mmm," he hummed into the kiss and pulled away. "Were you just distracting me this whole time?"

"Maybe," she dragged out the last syllable, ending with a yawn. "I could tell you needed a distraction."

"God, I love you!" Timothée all but shouted. "Merci mon amour. Merci. Now it's time for you to get some sleep." He kissed her forehead. Timothée moved so he was on his side and facing her. She snuggled into his chest and he wrapped his arms around her.